Josh Turner’s “Me and God” opens with a solemn instrumental then a powerful first line that showcases his profound faith in God. The lyrics go, “There ain’t nothing that can’t be done / By me and God / Ain’t nobody come in between me and God.” The song sings of the limitless things he could do with Him by his side and that there’s nothing that could ever separate them from the beginning until the end.
Josh Turner, who was popularly known for his breakthrough Christian gospel single “Long Black Train,” wrote the song himself for his 2006 album “Your Man.” He recorded the song as a duet with Ralph Stanley, American banjo player and pioneer of the post-World War II bluegrass. Additionally, Dana Williams of Diamond Rio, Gene Johnson, and Marty Roe lent their voices for the backing vocals of the track.
“Me and God” by Josh Turner debuted at 54 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs then peaked at number 16. And it was also nominated at the 2007 Academy of Country Music Awards for Vocal Event of the Year.
In 2018, a version of the song live from Gaither Studios was included in his first-ever Gospel music album, “I Serve a Savior.” It was the last track in the album, a fitting end of affirmation that every soul needs. He also performed the song at the Grand Ole Opry in 2019 alongside country greats Darius Rucker and Diamond Rio.
And in a livestream event last March 10, 2021, Turner announced that he would release a deluxe edition pressed in vinyl of his album “Your Man” in honor of its 15th anniversary. This includes the 11 original tracks with a live version of “Me and God” from Key Largo, Florida.
Josh Turner’s “Me and God” was one of the most celebrated Josh Turner songs from his debut album and will always be worth a listen if you feel your soul is weary. You can listen to the song in the video below.
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Get to Know the Children of The Country Legend, George Jones
- Billy Ray Cyrus’ Net Worth and Other Things You May Not Know About the Country Singer
- 10 Real Facts About Lacey Chabert’s Husband, David Nehdar
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Why do People Hate the Dixie Chicks? Will they ever Return to Country Music?