We are all too familiar with Josh Turner’s “Your Man” iconic intro line ‘Baby lock the door and turn the lights down low’ with his really rich and deep voice. Most probably don’t even know the title but can sing the lyrics by heart. Or if you’re a fan of American Idol, you’ve probably heard this song from Scotty McCreery Season 10 audition.
“Your Man” was Josh Turner‘s first country chart-topper and his first top 40 hit on the Billboard Hot 100. The song was penned by fellow country music artist Chris Stapleton alongside Chris DuBois and Jace Everett as the title track and lead-off single of Turner’s album of the same name.
The song was released in July 2005 and became one of his biggest hits. In 2006, it was certified Gold by the RIAA, Platinum in 2012, and reached Double Platinum in 2018. Stapleton and Dubois won American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP) awards, while Jace Everett won Broadcast Music Incorporated (BMI) for the song. Additionally, “Your Man” by Josh Turner was also Stapleton’s first number one song, which also ended up buying him a house.
This coming June 25, in celebration of his number one album, Josh Turner will release a deluxe edition. The deluxe album contains the 11 original tracks, which feature collaborations as well as three bonus live recordings of his number one hits “Your Man,” “Would You Go With Me,” and the fan favorite “Me and God.”
He shared the news at a livestream concert last March 10 from Nashville’s Ole Red. According to Turner, the album marked many firsts in his career, including his first child, and was the pivotal album of his career. On stage, his wife Jennifer, who also played his love interest in the music video, surprised him with the news that the track was officially triple Platinum.
This song is one of the Josh Turner songs that will just make you appreciate the man. Listen to Josh Turner’s “Your Man” in the video below.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Stella Parton, Dolly Parton’s Multi-Talented Sister
- Opposites Do Attract: Dolly Parton and Husband Carl Dean Love Story
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Gilley’s: Let’s Look Back To The Largest Honky Tonk in the World