Josh Turner’s “Would You Go With Me” is a certified Platinum track written by Shawn Camp and John Scott Sherrill as Turner’s first track and second single from his album “Your Man” and was released in April 2006.
This song was a series of questions asking his woman if she would go with him through streets of fire, fields of clovers, over the clouds, until the edge of the sea. And then ultimately asking her, “If I gave you my hand would you take it and make me the happiest man in the world?”
It painted an image of a man asking for a hand to hold through every part of his life, and it was just beautiful and sweet. Josh Turner‘s background as a devout Christian and family made everything about this song even more heartfelt. It was a song about an everlasting love that made people feel warm and yearn for that same kind of love.
That was why it was no surprise that the song received praises and earned him his second country single after “Your Man.” It also peaked at number 43 on the Billboard Hot 100. In November 2006, Turner performed the song on the Country Music Awards, which sent the song back up on charts to new peaks. He was also nominated for Male Country Vocal Performance for the 2007 Grammy Awards.
A live recording of “Would You Go With Me” by Josh Turner will be included in the deluxe edition of the album, which will be released on June 25, 2021. This is in celebration of the 15th anniversary of the album “Your Man,” which was the album that led him to success.
This is one of the Josh Turner songs that will leave you with that warm, fuzzy feeling of love. Watch Josh Turner’s “Would You Go With Me” directed by Kristin Barlowe, in the video below.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Let’s Revisit Conway Twitty’s Last Performance of “The Rose”
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012