Perfect – that’s one of the words we can use to describe Carrie Underwood singing “How Great Thou Art” during her virtual live concert “My Savior: Live From The Ryman.” It was an exquisite performance yet unsurprising as the gorgeous singer is known for her outstanding vocals.
How Great Thou Art on Carrie Underwood
Carrie Underwood included this famous hymnal on her thirteen-track 2021 album My Savior. It’s the first time she has released a gospel album ever since she started her journey in 2005. You shouldn’t wonder why “How Great Thou Art” is included in the tracklist. Heck, you should be wondering if it didn’t make the cut for the album. If you’re not familiar with this song, let’s go back to the past and see the story of this hymn.
“How Great Thou Art” is written by Carl Boberg, who was a Swedish poet. He wrote the hymn in 1885, and it was translated into two languages: German and Russian. Moreover, the BBC’s Songs of Praise voted it as the favorite hymn in the United Kingdom.
Fans Love The Carrie Underwood Version
Carrie Underwood songs are known to touch the hearts of many. Also for this song, it’s not the first time Underwood sang it. She performed the same hymn on April 4, 2011, at the ACM Presents Girls Night Out show. The singer received a standing ovation on her performance together with Vince Gill. Shortly after, her version reached the No. 1 spot on the category of Top Gospel Songs and Top 40 All-Genre Songs on iTunes.
Fans kept praising how good Underwood is. They have felt the strong faith in her powerful voice. Even dubbed by many as “performance of the century.” The recent version is part of the country icon’s eighth studio album called My Savior, released on March 26, 2021.
You can re-watch Carrie Underwood’s “How Great Thou Art” below.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Meet Faith Hill’s Daughters: All Grown Up and Glowed Up