After the demand from his dedicated fanbase, Scotty McCreery’s “You Time” was released as the lead single from his highly anticipated fifth studio album, Same Truck.
And as expected, the song climbed the country radio charts – reaching a peak at No. 2 on Billboard’s Country Airplay while No. 12 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs chart. It follows the three consecutive chart-topping singles from the country crooner’s previous album Seasons Change: “Five More Minutes,” “This Is It,” and “In Between.”
Story Behind The Song
The lyrics follow McCreery and Gabi’s busy life at work and his longing to enjoy some quality time with her. While he was touring and hustling to promote his new music, McCreery’s wife of three years worked as a Duke University Hospital’s pediatric nurse.
“Our neighbor would always crack up because he’d see me flying in, coming back from the road,” the singer revealed, “and Gabi would be driving out, and we’d kiss each other hello and goodbye at the same time.”
McCreery has also released a music video to accompany the romantic, upbeat ballad – which seems to be autobiographical for him as it features a busy newlywed couple who needed to spend time apart because of the husband’s job as a touring musician.
Indeed, it’s a great first taste to Same Truck, which was released last September 17. In the brand-new album, fans can expect Scotty McCreery songs to be leaning into his country roots with storyteller lyrics and topics about life, love, and the world’s recent situation being the central point. It will reflect his life as a married man and celebrate his decade-long career in music. Of course, you can look forward to the traditional sounds of fiddle and pedal steel, too.
So, make sure you check out Scotty McCreery’s “You Time” in the video below.
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story