Sonny James holds one of the best records in the country music industry. His amazing record for his almost 20 years of recording shows his promising career that inspired country fans all over the world, as well. In fact he was called the “Southern Gentleman” because of his sincere gentleman demeanor that impressed people. Checking on the Billboard statistics, Sonny James spent more time in the Number One chart position than any other artist in country music — a total of 57 weeks, including a 5 year period of 16 Consecutive number one singles. This record has never before accomplished by any solo artist in Country Music.
Sonny James numerous hits including, “It’s the Little Things,” ”You’re the Only World I Know,” ”I’ll Never Find Another You,” ”Empty Arms,” ”Behind the Tear,” ”Take Good Care of Her,” ”When the Snow Is on the Roses,” ”That’s Why I Love You Like I Do” and “Here Comes Honey Again.” Above all these songs, his performance of “Young Love” was one of the highlights of his career. Appearing on his album The Sonny Side released in 1956, “Young Love” turned out to be his biggest hit selling 3m copies. Aside from landing on the country charts, it also reached number one on the pop charts.
They say for every boy and girl
There’s just one love in this whole world
And I know I’ve found mine
The heavenly touch of your embrace
Tells me no one could take your place
Ever in my heartYoung love (young love), first love (first love)
Filled with true devotion
Young love (young love), our love (our love)
We share with deep emotion
And folks, if you like to read more articles about our favorite country stars, you can check Country Thang website or follow our Facebook Page, Country Daily. You can also find inspirational articles on Country Gospel page.
Dolly Parton, sonny james, Southern Gentleman, The Sonny Side, Young Love
- High Schooler In Overalls and Straw Hat Stuns The Crowd With His Banjo-Playing Skills
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- Meet Randy Travis’ Wife Who Stood By In Sickness and In Health
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Chris Stapleton Sings “Love’s Gonna Make It Alright,” A Song He Wrote For George Strait
- Scotty McCreery Remembers Late Grandfather at Y100’s 8 Man Jam With “Five More Minutes”