Country music is slowly losing its audience to popular music, folk music, and even trap music. Only those who are an avid fan of country songs are the ones left listening to it. What could we do? Well, for starters, we could listen to Toby Keith‘s “I Need to Hear a Country Song.”
This tune is important to revive the golden days of country music. We have to join together as one so that the legacy that Hank Williams, Johnny Cash, Elvis Presley and other country legends left will be preserved.
Toby Keith is Telling the Truth
The song is catchy and has the typical instruments of a country song. It was part of Toby Keith’s 2011 album Clancy’s Tavern. In an interview, Toby Keith said this about the song:
“But the gist of the song is: when you really need to hear a country song you can’t just turn the jukebox on. I want to ‘hear a loser cryin’, songs about a love that’s dyin’, lyin’, cheatin’ to the bone. Three chords stone cold country song.”
Keith said that it was River Rutherford who brought up the idea to him. He immediately loved the demo because of the melody and wordplay that was put into it. We all know the type of songs that Toby Keith releases, so this is considered to be one of his signature songs.
I need to hear a song that’s blue enough
to break a heart in two
After what you put me through
Country music definitely has that blues incorporated through their tunes. For some time now, we have been transitioning from country music to popular music through the snaps and beats. We have to go back to the traditional ways of Tammy Wynette or Patsy Cline. Those are the music that moved us and made us fall in love with country music.
Listen to Toby Keith’s song here:
country music, I Need to Hear a Country Song, Toby Keith
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Travis Tritt was in a Car Accident that Killed Two People
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- “The Prayer,” A Powerful Song of Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli
- The Angelic Voice Of Alison Krauss Encourages Us In “I’d Rather Have Jesus”