Faron Young: A Star of the ‘60s
One of the most famous country stars in the 1960s was Faron Young. He started his stardom in 1961 and became known as “The Hillbilly Heartthrob.” In March 1961, Young released one of his best hits ever, “Hello Walls.” However, this was not his first song to enter the Top 10 charts. In fact, he earned quite a number of songs before finally recording this hit.
Penned by country music legend Willie Nelson, “Hello Walls” was first recorded and popularized by Faron Young. The tune reaching no. 1 on the country charts, became a massive hit in 1961. In total, it stayed on the charts for 23 weeks. In addition, it crossed over the pop charts, peaking at no. 12. To note, it became Young’s only Top 40 pop hit in the United States.
As earlier mentioned, it was Nelson who crafted this chart-topping hit. As he started his career with songwriting, Nelson gained popularity as a songwriter with this song. “Hello Walls” introduced him to a wider audience, especially across the country. From then on, Nelson attracted a wider variety of audience. As a matter of fact, his career started to flourish.
The cleverly made lyrics of this song by Nelson plus the intense delivery of Young make it a memorable tune. Hence, it became a country staple since then.
Young Performs “Hello Walls”
Though he did not write the song himself, Faron considered “Hello Walls” as one of his favorites. Thus, he frequently performed it over the course of his career – in his tour or in concerts.
In one of his televised appearances, Young lamented for a love lost through the song. His excellent vocals were perfect for the message of the tune. His talent as an artist was highlighted and definitely emphasized. The emotions exuded from his performance and it was absolutely impeccable.
Check out Young singing “Hello Walls” and see what we’re talking about:
Faron Young, Hello Walls, Willie Nelson
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance