Charlie Daniels recently expressed that he isn’t really much of a fan of the newer generation of country music hitting the charts.
Charlie Daniels and his band the Charlie Daniels band performed for the Fox & Friends All-American Summer concert series to commemorate the 40th anniversary of their song “The Devil Went Down to Georgia.” And in a recent interview, he gave his thoughts on the recent country music.
Charlie Daniels Isn’t a Fan
The veteran country crooner was asked if he was a fan of the current country artists like Florida Georgia Line and the transformed sounds that define their music, to which he replied with a firm and resounding “no.”
The reason? He can’t tell one artist from the other!
“And I don’t mean it in a critical sort of way because I’m a living life kind of guy, we do our thing and let everybody do their thing.”
Though, he did clarify that the comment wasn’t meant to be harsh.
“When I say something like that people think I’m being critical and I’m not. We were considered pretty radical when would came around. All I’m saying from my point of view I can’t tell one song from the other.”
He also reminisced on his first few days. He narrated that when his band first got out, the public also thought that they also had the intentions to shift the sound of country music
“The stuff we played, they said ‘that ain’t country,’ — I said I never claimed to be country […] We play American music. We play some of all the music that’s come across in America. We play country and bluegrass and rock and gospel and jazz and everything.”
Amidst the current wave of country music weaving its way into other generations, the legendary Charlie Daniels Band remains to be a stronghold in traditional country music. With hits like “The South’s Gonna Do It Again” and “Long Haired Country Boy,” the band will forever be immortalized in country music.
Charlie Daniels, Charlie Daniels Band, Fox and Friends
- The Song That Launched Tom T. Hall as The Storyteller That He Is: “A Week In A Country Jail”
- How Lynn Anderson Turned “Rose Garden” Into A Big Hit Worldwide
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Here’s How The Chart-Topper “Don’t Let Me Cross Over” Became A Country Music Standard
- You’ll Definitely Relate to Ronnie Milsap’s “What A Difference You’ve Made In My Life”
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend