It’s absolutely fascinating how the top 40 country songs for April 2022 have perfectly mixed both pop and traditional, modern and old – and it’s headed by none other than the fiercely independent and true to his cowboy spirit, Texan Cody Johnson. He’s followed by some of the brightest and most successful male artists in country music. There’s Luke Combs, Jordan Davis, Jason Aldean, Thomas Rhett, Morgan Wallen, and so much more!
Keep on scrolling below to find out which songs made it to the list.
RELATED: Top 100 Country Songs Chart – 2022
1. ‘Til You Can’t by Cody Johnson
Congratulations are in order for Johnson, wherein, after a strong public appeal, he earned his first-ever No. 1 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs and Country Airplay chart with “‘Til You Can’t.” With such relatable lyrics, it was no longer a surprise that country fans from all walks of life fell in love with the chest-thumping life anthem.
2. Doin’ This by Luke Combs
Ever since Combs debuted the song during the 2021 CMA Awards – where he was crowned Entertainer of the Year – listeners gravitated to “Doin’ This,” which is an ode to making music regardless of any fame or riches.
3. Buy Dirt by Jordan Davis featuring Luke Bryan
Davis’ “Buy Dirt” is winning the hearts of fans everywhere. After all, it’s something that we see and experience every day in our lives. Davis describes it as a song “about faith, family, and friends, and really finding your happiness.” As a result, it became Davis’ fastest-moving single to date.
4. Fancy Like by Walker Hayes
Hayes rides the wave of his crossover hit “Fancy Like” that will inevitably get stuck in your head. Not only did it take last summer by storm, but it also went all the way, headlining the show at Ryman Auditorium and securing a Grammy nomination for best country song.
5. Never Say Never by Cole Swindell/Lainey Wilson
Swindell teamed up with Lainey Wilson for a romantic ballad that tells the story of two lovers who know being apart is the right thing to do but feel too alive together to keep their distance.
6. AA by Walker Hayes
Famous Nashville songwriters Shane McAnally and Luke Laird teamed up with Hayes to write this song that conveys Hayes’ anxiety as a father, his love for his wife as well as his sobriety.
7. If I Didn’t Love You by Jason Aldean and Carrie Underwood
With two country superstars coming together for one heartbreaking ballad – trading anguished lines – you’ll expect nothing but feelings of emotional pain filling you up in “If I Didn’t Love You.”
8. Drunk (And I Don’t Wanna Go Home) by Elle King and Miranda Lambert
The superstars are currently celebrating as their powerful duet “Drunk” officially reached Platinum status. This gender-bending tale of two women spending a wild night of debauchery together has truly become a fan favorite.
9. Beers On Me by Dierks Bentley, Breland, and HARDY
Bentley enlisted singers Hardy and Breland for a laid-back ode that proves the generosity of friends can make the week’s problems and challenges melt away.
10. Wasted On You by Morgan Wallen
Wallen is here to serenade us with a slow-burning track that sings from the point of view of a man grieving the time, money, and miles he lost in a relationship only to end up failing.
11. Slow Down Summer by Thomas Rhett
Rhett and his frequent collaborators – that includes his father, country icon Rhett Akins – wrote the song from the perspective of two young people in love and the changing seasons that take them apart.
12. 23 by Sam Hunt
Hunt fondly looks back on a past relationship in this nostalgic country-pop jam that he can do nothing about except wish his former sweetheart happiness – wherever she may be.
13. Heart On Fire by Eric Church
This sentimental tune is the latest release off Church’s three-part project, Heart & Soul, which reminisces a past stage in time when you’re still young and desire to spend every day like it’s the last.
14. Circles Around This Town by Maren Morris
In this song, Morris looks back on her leap of faith to come to Nashville – and it definitely echoes the country singer’s hard work and sacrifice.
15. Flower Shops by ERNEST featuring Morgan Wallen
As soon as ERNEST released “Flower Shops,” featuring Wallen, it was clear that the song was special. The two have actually been longtime friends and collaborators.
Here Are Some More Hits To Complete The Top 40 Country Songs for April 2022
- Never Wanted To Be That Girl by Carly Pearce and Ashley McBryde
- If I Was A Cowboy by Miranda Lambert
- Ghost Story by Carrie Underwood
- Give Heaven Some Hell by HARDY
- Come Back As A Country Boy by Blake Shelton
- She Likes It by Russel Dickerson and Jake Scott
- Trouble With A Heartbreak by Jason Aldean
- Take My Name by Parmalee
- Leave You Alone by Kane Brown
- Praise The Lord by Breland featuring Thomas Rhett
- Fall In Love by Bailey Zimmerman
- Damn Strait by Scotty McCreery
- All Too Well (Taylor’s Version) by Taylor Swift
- Wild Hearts by Keith Urban
- Pick Me Up by Gabby Barrett
- 7500 OBO by Tim McGraw
- Wild As her by Corey Kent
- Truth About You by Mitchell Tenpenny
- Best Thing Since Backroads by Jake Owen
- Wishful Drinking by Ingrid Andress with Sam Hunt
- Up by Luke Bryan
- Last Night Lonely by Jon Pardi
- I Bet You Think About Me (Taylor’s Version) by Taylor Swift featuring Chris Stapleton
- From Austin by Zach Bryan
- New Truck by Dylan Scott
So, is your favorite track included in the list?
Breland, Carrie Underwood, cody johnson, Cole Swindell, Dierks Bentley, Elle King, Eric church, HARDY, Jason Aldean, Jordan Davis, Lainey Wilson, Luke Bryan, Luke Combs, Maren Morris, Miranda Lambert, morgan wallen, Sam Hunt, thomas rhett, Walker Hayes