Chances are great that one of the tracks on this list of the top 40 country songs of January 2022 will turn out to be the most played country song this year. Jason Aldean, Blake Shelton, Eric Church, Luke Bryan, and Luke Combs are giving us tunes that will surely get stuck in our heads for a little while – or perhaps the rest of the year.
Of course, there’s Walker Hayes, who’s keeping the top spot nice and strong for several months already, with his infectious hit “Fancy Like.” There’s also Taylor Swift, who scores hits both in the country and pop radio charts just days after her new album was released.
RELATED: Top 100 Country Songs Chart – 2022
Still, brand-new ones from Morgan Wallen to Kane Brown to Brett Eldredge are graciously entering the monthly list. Check out below if your favorite songs made it.
1. Fancy Like by Walker Hayes
The irresistible song about Applebee’s, Wendy’s frostys, and cheap date nights continue blazing up the charts after its popularity has soared thanks to a viral TikTok video of Hayes and his daughter Lela doing a choreographed dance to the song, “Fancy Like.”
2. Thinking ‘Bout You by Dustin Lynch Featuring Lauren Alaina or Mackenzie Porter
After noticing the massive reaction the country ballad was gaining during his concerts, Dustin Lynch decided to breathe a new life to the song “Thinking ‘Bout You.” And there’s no better way to do that than get Mackenzie Porter on board – the result is just breathtaking.
3. Buy Dirt by Jordan Davis featuring Luke Bryan
Jordan Davis and Luke Bryan receiving a CMA Awards nomination for their collaboration of “Buy Dirt” came as no surprise. You’ll instantly get hooked on its overall message once you’ll listen to it.
4. If I Didn’t Love You by Jason Aldean and Carrie Underwood
Jason Aldean and Carrie Underwood’s fiery new duet, “If I Didn’t Love You,” is also racing to the top of the charts as the two powerhouses perfectly capture the strain of a problematic relationship.
5. You Should Probably Leave by Chris Stapleton
Chris Stapleton’s bluesy, rootsy sensibilities on “You Should Probably Leave” never fail to capture the country radio. Plus, the storytelling that comes with a surprise twist towards the end in the lyrics is just incredible.
6. Pick Out A Christmas Tree by Dan + Shay
It’s not difficult to imagine that in years to come, the Christmas season will immediately begin the moment we’ll hear Dan + Shay’s “Pick Out A Christmas Tree.” Our favorite duo is bringing the Christmas cheer flawlessly.
7. Whiskey and Rain by Michael Ray
We’ve got another classic tear-in-your-beer breakup anthem in town! It’s the perfect song to drown your sorrows while the rain heavily pours for you.
8. Sand in My Boots by Morgan Wallen
The nostalgic ballad about lost love is putting Morgan Wallen on top of the world again. It quickly captures country fans’ hearts with its believable conversation that begins with two people meeting in the first verse only to end up with the man being ghosted at the bridge.
9. All Too Well (Taylor’s Version) by Taylor Swift
The extended version of Taylor Swift’s greatest song blasts in at No. 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 songs chart. “All Too Well” comes with a dramatic and moving short film that definitely brought to light a specific emotional response in people who remember the song coming out during their teens.
10. One Mississippi by Kane Brown
Kane Brown counts down the moments until the next heartbreak in “One Mississippi.” The song is indeed on a roller-coaster of love.
11. Cold as You by Luke Combs
Meanwhile, Luke Combs is serving an ice-cold breakup song with “Cold as You,” which icy lyrics are a 100-proof country-rock sound.
12. ‘Til You Can’t by Cody Johnson
Cody Johnson’s ability to sing your hat off is on full display as he inspires listeners to make the best out of the time you spend with loved ones while they’re still around.
13. To Be Loved by You by Parker McCollum
Parker McCollum may just be a newcomer, but he’s proving he’s capable of bringing a fresh spin on an old-school country theme with “To Be Loved By You.” McCollum definitely added some edge to a done-me-wrong ballad.
14. Freedom Was a Highway by Jimmie Allen & Brad Paisley
Country stars Jimmie Allen and Brad Paisley teamed up to give us the express lane to a joyful nostalgia on their duet, “Freedom Was a Highway.” The song is featured on Allen’s latest album, Bettie James Gold Edition.
15. Tequila Little Time by Jon Pardi
Jon Pardi wrote this flirty, uptempo song with Rhett Akins and Luke Laird. But what’s even cooler is that Pardi jetted down to the Flora-Bama for its music video.
Here Are Some More Hits To Complete Top 40 Country Songs for January 2022
- Heart On Fire by Eric Church
- Drunk (And I Don’t Wanna Go Home) by Elle King & Miranda Lambert
- Half of My Hometown by Kelsea Ballerini and Kenny Chesney
- Doin’ This by Luke Combs
- Beers on Me by Dierks Bentley, Breland & HARDY
- 23 by Sam Hunt
- Come Back As A Country Boy by Blake Shelton
- Never Wanted to Be That Girl by Carly Pearce & Ashley McBryde
- Home Sweet by Russell Dickerson
- AA by Walker Hayes
- Give Heaven Some Hell by Hardy
- I Bet You Think About Me (Taylor’s Version) by Taylor Swift Featuring Chris Stapleton
- Never Say Never by Cole Swindell/Lainey Wilson
- If I Was A Cowboy by Miranda Lambert
- U Gurl by Walker Hayes
- Slow Down Summer by Thomas Rhett
- Ride the Lightning (717 Tapes) by Warren Zeiders
- Officially Christmas by Dan + Shay
- It’s ‘Cause I Am by Callista Clark
- Take My Name by Parmalee
- Truth About You by Mitchell Tenpenny
- Wild Hearts by Keith Urban
- Getting Over Him by Lauren Alaina Duet With Jon Pardi
- Steal My Love by Dan + Sha
- Best Thing Since Backroads by Jake Owen
So, which do you think will soon be your favorite song of the year among the Top 40 country songs of January 2022?
Brad Paisley, Carrie Underwood, chris stapleton, cody johnson, Dan + Shay, Dustin Lynch, Jason Aldean, Jimmie Allen, Jon Pardi, Jordan Davis, Kane Brown, Lauren Alaina, Luke Bryan, Luke Combs, MacKenzie Porter, michael ray, Morgan Wallen, Parker McCollum, taylor swift, Walker Hayes