The top 40 country songs for August 2021 show that there’s no shortage of fresh tunes in this genre – all the more so, prove that there are countless ways to define a hit.
Leading the list, for instance, is none other than Walker Hayes, who made such a giant leap after his song received an overwhelming response on TikTok. At last check, the original video uploaded by Hayes already had almost 21 million views.
Rallying behind Hayes is a collaboration of two of the country’s biggest stars, Jason Aldean and Carrie Underwood, who also made the highest debut this month.
And of course, this list will never be complete without our latest country heroes – like Luke Combs, Cole Swindell, Chris Young, Kane Brown, and Thomas Rhett – who never strayed away and are still dominating the top of the chart.
RELATED: Top 100 Country Songs Chart – 2021
So, if you want to know which songs made it to this month’s Top 40, keep on scrolling below and enjoy some of the most epic tracks the genre has ever released.
1. “Fancy Like” by Walker Hayes
It’s interesting how social media has been a big factor in accelerating the song’s success, which Hayes co-wrote to destroy the myth most people believe. Being a Nashville singer-songwriter, many fans think he’s living a much more upscale lifestyle than he projects in his social media – and “Fancy Like” is here to debunk that.
2. “If I Didn’t Love You” by Jason Aldean & Carrie Underwood
The combo of these two powerhouse vocals is beyond amazing. Jason Aldean and Carrie Underwood blend voices for this slow-burning country-rock song of trying to move on and wishing the love they had wasn’t this powerful.
3. “Forever After All” by Luke Combs
The country hitmaker has done it again, scoring his eleventh consecutive No. 1 hit, which no artist has ever done before. The romantic slow jam features Combs’ signature raspy vocal as he declares that love really can last forever.
4. “Lil Bit” by Nelly & Florida Georgia Line
This is perhaps the reunion we never knew we needed! While the classic rap leans more towards Nelly’s wheelhouse, the country influence casually creeps in throughout the song’s chorus, which is all about trying to impress a girl.
5. “Single Saturday Night” by Cole Swindell
Swindell is celebrating a career milestone this month with his latest release topping the charts at country radio – marking the tenth No. 1 of his career. Swindell has also released a socially distanced music video for the up-tempo tune, filmed during the full swing of pandemic lockdowns.
6. “Glad You Exist” by Dan + Shay
Meanwhile, Dan + Shay is celebrating the simple power of companionship, especially during this difficult time. The song finds the chart-topping duo thanking everyone in their lives – “our friends, our families, our fans,” Dan Smyers said.
7. “Drinkin’ Beer. Talkin’ God. Amen.” By Chase Rice Featuring Florida Georgia Line
After eight years, Chase Rice and Florida Georgia Line are joining forces once again for another mega-hit. The song finds the three friends having deep discussions around the campfire – and it turned out to be what most people have experienced this year.
8. “Famous Friends” by Chris Young + Kane Brown
Chris Young turned his attention to his rural roots and enlisted his good friend Kane Brown to pay tribute to small-town heroes that fill little towns everywhere. The two also namechecked the Tennessee counties where they each grew up.
9. “Chasing After You” by Ryan Hurd With Maren Morris
Country star Maren Morris joined singer-songwriter, husband Ryan Hurd, on this fiery duet that perfectly captures uncertainty and yearning – which Morris said reminded them of the beginning of their relationship.
10. “Country Again” by Thomas Rhett
Thomas Rhett finds comfort in coming back home with his new hit song “Country Again,” which is also the title track off his fifth studio album. The singer turned toward the sound of ’90s country as he expressed a hint of sadness for wandering so far from his roots.
11. “Waves” by Luke Bryan
Luke Bryan is caught up in a wave of young love in this heart-pounding track, giving its listeners the kind of feeling that lasts long after the initial charge. The country singer then paired it up with an incredible beachside music video.
12. “Things A Man Oughta Know” by Lainey Wilson
Lainey Wilson definitely knows a thing or two, as she lists down some of the tasks she believes a man should know, like changing a tire or shooting a gun, and the most important of them all – learning how to treat a woman right.
13. “One Too Many” by Keith Urban Duet With P!nk
The heartbreaking country-pop has recently become Keith Urban’s 43rd Top 10 hit on Billboard’s Country Airplay chart. Well, that’s no surprise as the song incredibly resonated with its listeners, who relate to the lyrics of a couple going separate ways.
14. “Memory” by Kane Brown X blackbear
Country superstar Kane Brown Brown has definitely worked with a diverse range of artists – and this time, it’s with pop producer-songwriter Blackbear. “Memory” finds the two talented artists singing about living in the moment and getting away from any pains that life throws your way.
15. “We Didn’t Have Much” by Justin Moore
Justin Moore leans into a more rootsy sound as he brought a popular country music theme to life that just might be rising to fame right now – and that’s celebrating the simple things.
The nostalgic single is filled with small-town recollections of a life that was abundant in love and joy, but not much else.
Here Are Some More Hits To Complete Top 40 Country Songs for August 2021
17. “Blame It On You” by Jason Aldean
19. “I Was On A Boat That Day” by Old Dominion
20. “Cold Beer Calling My Name” by Jameson Rodgers Featuring Luke Combs
21. “You Should Probably Leave” by Chris Stapleton
22. “My Boy” by Elvie Shane
23. “Next Girl” by Carly Pearce
24. “Memory I Don’t Mess With” by Lee Brice
26. “You Time” by Scotty McCreery
27. “Knowing You” by Kenny Chesney
28. “Buy Dirt” by Jordan Davis Featuring Luke Bryan
29. “Cold As You” by Luke Combs
30. “Thinking ‘Bout You” by Dustin Lynch Featuring Lauren Alaina Or MacKenzie Porter
31. “Sand In My Boots” by Morgan Wallen
32. “Like A Lady” by Lady A
33. “Freedom Was A Highway” by Jimmie Allen & Brad Paisley
34. “Am I The Only One” by Aaron Lewis
35. “Tequila Little Time” by Jon Pardi
36. “Just About Over You” by Priscilla Block
37. “Whiskey And Rain” by Michael Ray
38. “Same Boat” by Zac Brown Band
39. “Home Sweet” by Russell Dickerson
40. “To Be Loved By You” by Parker McCollum
So, what do you think of these top 40 country songs for August 2021? Did you find a new country favorite?
Top 40 Country
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- Trigger, Willie Nelson’s Guitar Is Just As Legendary As He Is
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton