We’re still in the second month of the year, but it’s already hard to pick the Top 40 country songs for February 2021.
The list includes powerful ballads from big country artists such as Blake Shelton, Tim McGraw, Darius Rucker, and Eric Church, but it’s relatively the newcomers who are conquering the top of the list for two consecutive months.
Luke Combs‘ “Better Together” has now spent multiple weeks on top of the charts while Chris Stapleton picks up streams and sales with “Starting Over.” On the other hand, Morgan Wallen is occupying two spots on the top ten despite the massive backlash he received this month. Songs by Niko Moon and Parmalee are also making a comeback on the list.
Are you excited to find out if your favorite song made it to our top 40? Then keep on reading below!
1. “Better Together” by Luke Combs
What started out as a writing retreat with several writers in his home state of North Carolina – with a single line of “We go together like good ole boys and beer” – turned out to be a record-breaking song for Luke Combs.
“Better Together” is one of the several songs Combs co-written for his brand-new album, What You See Ain’t Always What You Get. Combs revealed that his wife, Nicole Hocking, was the love song’s inspiration.
2. “Starting Over” by Chris Stapleton
Chris Stapleton takes his time creating music, and he has taken it seriously!
“Starting Over” is the lead single off his fourth studio album of the same name. Unlike his 2015 breakthrough album Traveller, which he recorded and mixed within just two weeks, his latest album was a two-year process.
The upbeat song features harmony vocals from his wife, Morgane. And though it was written before the world went into chaos following the global pandemic, it perfectly encapsulates our current situation.
3. “7 Summers” by Morgan Wallen
When Morgan Wallen first performed a part of “7 Summers” on his Instagram, it was clearly evident that the song is going to be a smash hit.
Indeed, the dreamy track where Wallen sings about his long-lost love as he ponders on their old romance, broke the single-day Apple Music streaming record upon its release. Not only that, but it went straight to No. 6 on Billboard’s Hot 100 as it made its debut – this makes Wallen the first solo male country singer to debut within the top 10 after twenty-one years.
4. “Undivided” by Tim McGraw and Tyler Hubbard
One-half of the popular country duo Florida Georgia Line, Tyler Hubbard, joined forces with the country superstar Tim McGraw for the powerful ballad, “Undivided.” The two talented singers are dedicating the song to all the frontliners fighting the pandemic.
Hubbard actually wrote the song while battling with COVID-19. While on quarantine, Hubbard took a “good hard look” at himself and was inspired by his faith in God to reunite the country.
5. “The Good Ones” by Gabby Barrett
After the success of her No. 1 debut single, Gabby Barrett is turning everyone’s attention on her follow-up single “The Good Ones” – a ballad for all that’s worth holding onto.
Co-written by Barret, the love song was inspired by Barrett’s husband, Cade Foehner, whom she met while competing on American Idol in 2018, and married a year after.
6. “Hole In the Bottle” by Kelsea Ballerini
Kelsea Ballerini’s “Hole In the Bottle” is just the drinking song we all need this year! The country singer finds herself diving into a bottle of wine just to move on and forget her old flame.
This may just be her first attempt at one of the most timeless genres in country music, but the moment you listen to it, she’ll make you want to join her immediately.
7. “What’s Your Country Song” by Thomas Rhett
Thomas Rhett is giving a massive shout-out to at least sixteen iconic country songs in his latest single, “What’s Your Country Song.” Everyone from Hank Williams to Garth Brooks, Ricky Skaggs to Deana Carter earned a nod as he takes us a trip down memory lane.
8. “I Should Probably Go to Bed” by Dan + Shay
Thinking of giving your old flame a call? Grammy-winning country duo Dan + Shay wants you to think again in the song “I Should Probably Go to Bed.”
The band’s Dan Smyers revealed in an interview that he had that phrase written on his phone for a long time. After all, he’s pretty sure everyone went through that “classic tale of temptation.”
9. “Wasted on You” by Morgan Wallen
Morgan Wallen’s “Wasted on You” debuted at No. 1 on the Billboard’s Hot Country Songs.
Co-written by Wallen, the heartbreaking ballad tells the tale of a man pondering on how he can never get over his old relationship – with a lover that was too good for him.
10. “Down to One” by Luke Bryan
Luke Bryan finds himself singing about a young couple reveling in a night of naive romance in his latest single, “Down to One.” And with that, he has once again earned another No. 1 hit song as he brought this easy-going love song atop the Billboard’s Country Airplay.
11. “Just the Way” by Parmalee and Blanco Brown
12. “One Too Many” by Keith Urban Duet With Pink
13. “Hell of a View” by Eric Church
14. “Good Time” by Niko Moon
15. “Beers and Sunshine” by Darius Rucker
16. “Minimum Wage” by Blake Shelton
17. “Somebody Like That” by Tenille Arts
18. “Happy Does” by Kenny Chesney
19. “Lady” by Brett Young
20. “Wine, Beer, Whiskey” by Little Big Town
21. “Momma’s House” by Dustin Lynch
22. “Long Live” by Florida Georgia Line
23. “Almost Maybes” by Jordan Davis
24. “Settling Down” by Miranda Lambert
25. “Made for You” by Jake Owen
26. “Gone” by Dierks Bentley
27. “Breaking Up Was Easy in the 90’s” by Sam Hunt
28. “Blame It on You” by Jason Aldean
29. “How They Remember You” by Rascal Flatts
30. “Famous Friends” by Chris Young and Kane Brown
31. “Next Girl” by Carly Pearce
32. “We Didn’t Have Much” by Justin Moore
33. “Nobody” by Dylan Scott
34. “Give Heaven Some Hell” by Hardy
35. “Dear Rodeo” by Cody Johnson and Reba McEntire
36. “Just About Over You” by Priscilla Block
37. “My Boy” by Elvie Shane
38. “All Night” by Brothers Osborne
39. “Worship You” by Kane Brown
40. “Things a Man Oughta Know” by Lainey Wilson
So, how do you like our picks for top 40 country songs for February 2021?
- What Happened to Blake Shelton’s First Wife, Kaynette Williams
- Sandy Mahl And The Top 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Her
- 10 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About Kaynette Williams
- Kris Kristofferson and Other Artists Praise God Wonderfully with “Why Me Lord”
- Gilley’s: Let’s Look Back To The Largest Honky Tonk in the World
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?