Last year, fans heard for the very first time the smashing duet of “Thinking ‘Bout You” by Dustin Lynch and Lauren Alaina. The two country superstars recorded the song for Lynch’s fourth studio album, Tullahoma, which was named after his hometown in Tennessee.
However, something kept pulling Lynch back in to release the version – including scheduling conflicts between him and Lauren Alaina. But after seeing the huge reaction “Thinking ‘Bout You” was getting in his live shows and concerts, he knew it was something he should not miss!
So, the country crooner decided to revisit the old track and looked for another element to it.
Lynch Gave The Song A Second Life
Dustin Lynch said he hosted virtual auditions in search of a new collaborator, hoping to put a fresh spin on “Thinking ‘Bout You.”
After his team assembled the submissions for the remix, Lynch admitted that there was one version of the track he’d kept coming back over and over again, and that happened to be by Canadian singer-songwriter and actress MacKenzie Porter.
“I think she brought a uniqueness to the song,” Lynch explained, adding that he was impressed with just how Porter added flair to the song yet kept it familiar.
Lynch and Porter then reissued the new version of the song on March 19, 2021. Though the two kept the same ole’ groove, they make the track entirely their own with fascinating harmonies and memory-soaked vocals that stir up nostalgic romance, making their duet even sweeter.
The passionate power duet was written by Lynch, Andy Albert, Hunter Phelps, and Will Weatherly and is a nostalgic phone call between two old lovers pondering on their past.
Make sure to tune in and listen to Dustin Lynch’s “Thinking ‘Bout You” – featuring rising country artist MacKenzie Porter – in the video below.
Dustin Lynch, MacKenzie Porter
- ICYMI: The CMA Fiasco Surrounding Alan Jackson’s Walk-out to Beyonce’s Performance
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- First Time In History: Garth Brooks’ Daughter Allie Colleen Achieves Her First Top-40 Country Hit
- Meet Brad Paisley’s Kids He Is Raising To Be Kind and Humble
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Top Paid Country Musicians of 2020: Billboard’s U.S. Money Makers
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash