These country wedding songs will absolutely complete your big day!
Tying the knot is, without a doubt, the most momentous day for every couple. So, it’s no surprise when some spend months or even years just to book the best venue in town, choose the most delicious pastries, and pick out the right décor for their wedding day.
Unfortunately, with all this planning, some may overlook to think about one of the most important parts of the event — the music! If this is you, there’s no need to worry as we’ve gathered some of the best country songs that would be perfect for every part of your special day. Check them out below!
1. “Forever and Ever, Amen” by Randy Travis
The song’s title is already enough to make us hope for real love between two people – a love that would thrive through the years. With Randy Travis’ vibrant baritone and the song’s clever lyrics vowing for undying love, “Forever and Ever, Amen” will surely be the highlight of the day.
2. “Speechless” by Dan + Shay feat. Tori Kelly
Well, it came as no surprise how every groom gets pretty Speechless staring at their brides walking down the aisle in a white dress – and it’s a first-hand experience for the country music duo Dan Smyers and Shay Mooney, who got hitched within six months of each other in 2017. The song’s music video even features footage from the duo’s real-life weddings.
3. “Nobody But You” by Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani
Now, why don’t we take it from a real-life couple? The romantic ballad finds Blake Shelton and his fiancée Gwen Stefani pledging love and affection towards each other. The two officially became a couple in November 2015, and wedding bells may not be far off for the happy couple.
4. “Die a Happy Man” by Thomas Rhett
Take this tender ballad to the dance floor, and pretty sure there will be no dry eye in the house.
This is actually the first song wherein Thomas Rhett purely wrote about how he feels for his wife, Laureen, who he’s known since first grade. Rhett hopes this song would inspire other married couples or those who are just getting married.
5. “It’s Your Love” by Tim McGraw and Faith Hill
Here is another real-life couple whose marriage stood the test of time. The country’s power couple delivers a smoldering, romantic ballad about the irresistible power of a lover’s touch. And no one could do it better than Tim McGraw and Faith Hill, whose chemistry is beyond incredible.
6. “You Decorated My Life” by Kenny Rogers
Ever since the song was released in 1979, it has become one of the most requested songs in almost every wedding around the globe. But did you know Kenny Rogers, at first, hesitated to record the love song, thinking it was a bit too sugary and sweet for his taste? How lucky it was that Rogers relented and recorded it.
7. “From This Moment On” by Shania Twain
Originally recorded for Shania Twain’s album Come On Over in 1997, this breathtaking country-pop ballad is still a staple of her live set – and is perhaps one of the most frequent songs you’ll hear during weddings all over the world. Well, there’s nothing better than saying “I’m Yours” like this classic love song.
8. “God Gave Me You” by Blake Shelton
The romantic ballad enjoyed a three-week run at No. 1 on Billboard’s Hot Country Songs ten years ago. But more than that, “God Gave Me You” was significant to Blake Shelton as it was the song that inspired him to propose to his then-wife, Miranda Lambert. Though the marriage didn’t work out, the song is still as romantic as it is.
9. “Making Memories of Us” by Keith Urban
Just one look at Keith Urban’s happy marriage with Nicole Kidman, and you can really tell the country singer knows a thing or two about love – and this love song is proof of that.
10. “When You Say Nothing At All” by Alison Krauss
This list will never be complete without this powerful ballad which brilliantly appreciates the devotion behind a lover’s actions.
11. “Easy Loving” by Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty
This duet between Loretta Lynn and Conway Twitty showcased such an incredible harmonization – a reason why it stands out among other romantic country songs.
12. “Could I Have This Dance” by Anne Murray
From the soundtrack of the hit John Travolta film Urban Cowboy, “Could I Have This Dance” features Anne Murray’s rich voice that perfectly complements the simple lyrics appealing to the desire for lasting love.
13. “Bless the Broken Road” by Rascal Flatts
Finding the right person to spend the rest of our lives with is definitely not an easy feat, and Rascal Flatts celebrates that rarity of true love in this song.
14. “I Cross My Heart” by George Strait
George Strait celebrates the deep commitment between a couple in his 1992 hit “I Cross My Heart,” which can create romantic vibes on your special day.
15. “I Love the Way You Love Me” by John Michael Montgomery
The song is John Michael Montgomery’s first No. 1 country hit, and the moment you’ll listen to it, and you’ll surely find it amazing how it makes you think of lovers dancing in the rain, stealing kisses. It will remind you of the romantic moments that once leave you weak in the knees.
How about you? Do you have any country wedding songs on your mind?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Sandy Mahl And The Top 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Her
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross