When we tell someone the words “I Cross My Heart,” it indicates that we want them to believe that we are telling the truth. Somehow, we say those words to someone we love especially if we commit ourselves to him/her.
I bet everyone has their own special someone in his/her life. Just a piece of advice, if we have already committed ourselves to someone, we must value their worth and be contented with their company. Thus, we have entered a commitment not a game. Have you heard the song “I Cross My Heart” recorded by George Strait? If not, let me tell you about it instead.
“I Cross My Heart”
American songwriters Steve Dorff and Eric Kaz have penned this classic love song. In the late 1990s, George Strait recorded the song and was released in September 1992 as a single from his album, Pure Country. This song was also used as a soundtrack to the film of the same title as his album. He played as a lead character in it as well.
“I Cross My Heart” became a music hit in both the United States and Canada, where it has sold thousands of copies. Also, this song ranked number 58 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks Chart and topped on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Songs chart.
Pure Country (Film)
George Strait dedicated his song “I Cross My Heart” to the woman of his dreams. It all began when one of the biggest stars in Country music has decided to give up his career and go back to work on a farm. While working on the farm, he met the woman of his dreams, Harley, who is the farm owner’s daughter. During a show, he sings in front of the audience including the woman of his dreams.
During the performance, both stare into each other’s eyes as if they were only the people around.
George Strait, I Cross My Heart, Pure Country
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Paula Nelson Joins her Father for an Amazing Rendition of “Have You Ever Seen the Rain”
- Meet Faith Hill’s Daughters: All Grown Up and Glowed Up
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend