Are you planning for your big day? We have here the best country wedding ideas made especially just for you.
We understand that choosing the right wedding decorations to dreamy wedding outfits and everything in between – is absolutely not going to be an easy feat. Staying within the budget you’ve set is even another story. But don’t worry; we’re here to help!
So, without further ado, here are some tips and tricks for your country wedding.
Finding The Right Country Wedding Venue
Let’s begin with finding the right venue!
- Availability. The availability of your venue will somewhat decide your wedding date. So make sure you begin looking immediately. Most barn and farm wedding venues book up more than a year in advance – especially during summer months.
- But do your research. Of course, it’s very important to be early, but that does not mean you’ll just jump the gun. Make sure to spend some time visiting different country wedding venues to help you get an idea of what you really like.
- Choose the venue first. Your venue will determine most of the look of your country wedding, so it’s important to choose this one first. For instance, barn wedding venues often come with lighting or shades of wood that will look picture-perfect with certain designs and color schemes. This means that everything – from the dresses of the bride’s maids to table settings – should work with this.
- Look into photos of real weddings. If you want to know what your wedding will look like at your chosen country wedding venue, then look into photos of weddings that were once held there. This will give you a great idea of what the venue can deliver.
- Choose a reputable venue. You might be tempted to save some money by choosing a less reputable or experienced venue, but you should not do it! You might find yourself worrying in the middle of your wedding day, afraid that the venue might make a mess or that the food won’t be good.
Tips When Choosing The Best Country Wedding Attires
Country wedding attires are known for being light and simple – making you both look tender and romantic. Since such a wedding format is held close to nature, there’s no need for you to wear plenty of accessories; you just have to keep your image simple but chic.
Well, it’s not a secret that whenever you’re planning for a wedding with themes, the dress of the bride is much more crucial than that of the groom’s tuxedo. Luckily, a bride has so many choices. Here are some tips:
- Make sure to choose a dress with light and flowing materials and minimum accents. You might think it looks somewhat simple, but it will make the bride look classy and even more womanly. Lace could be a good accent for a country wedding dress, but make sure to opt for simple laces without extra accents such as sequins or rhinestones.
- Wedding dresses with sheath shapes and empire-waist are the most fantastic choices. Those with princess silhouettes and fluffy skirts will absolutely look awkward for your countryside scene.
- Vintage dresses would also look perfect with your country wedding theme as they are often featured with few accents and are made out of simple fabrics.
- You can also opt for Western dresses – though this does not necessarily mean you’ll have to wear corsets. You can wear a dress made out of simple fabrics and perfect it with leather accessories. Country wedding dresses paired with boots look really cool.
- Denim is a great complement to your country wedding dress too! Try adding some denim elements by wearing a denim jacket or a denim waistband.
Don’t forget to remind your guest to keep true to their country form too. For the men, they can simply wear a dressier version of casual wear – that is not necessarily a tuxedo. It could be dress slacks like khakis or gray pants paired with an ironed button-up shirt. The women could go for a flirty floral dress or a stylish feminine A-line silhouette that would complement the countryside spirit.
Choosing The Right Colors For Your Country Wedding
Picking the right palette for your country wedding is not as easy as choosing your two favorite colors – at the end of the day, it’s going to be the foundation of every wedding detail. Here are some recommendations you might want to consider.
- Go for the elegance of neutral colors.
Let nature speak and choose a neutral and classy color palette for your wedding day – this could be the shades of grays and white. You can pair it with a floral arrangement that heavily highlights green leaves for its accents. This will definitely give you the countryside chic and formal ambiance all newly-wed couples long for.
Make a statement by adding twinkle lights to this neutral palette.
- Combine Poppy and Marigold.
Poppy is a light and pleasant shade of red that is a great choice for barn wedding venues. You can add marigold to it, and you’ll achieve the fall-inspired wedding you want.
- Dreaming of sunflowers.
Get your inspiration from the simple taste of sunflower or simply the various shades of yellow. This would look perfect for barn or farm weddings – most especially if there’s a nearby sunflower field.
- Sage and Deep Red
Pairing these two colors will surely wow your guests. Deep red and sage are variations of a more traditional wedding color scheme, making it perfect for your country wedding. It does not only radiate deep romance, but it’s also subtle in its presentation.
- Blush Pink and Olive Green
This is another romantic color combination that will give every bride a fairytale feels. Blush Pink and Olive Green would definitely look sophisticated together, making it the best choice for a country wedding with an additional vintage theme.
Country Wedding Ideas For A Perfect Country Wedding
- Put up a rustic outdoor bar. Create a wedding food station, dessert bar, or cocktail area on a striking focal point. You can use a barrel base and wood slab top adorned with a greenery garland to make it even more country.
- A country fair atmosphere would look good too. An old-fashioned popcorn bar will surely be the talk of your wedding guests. You can also send them home with an extra bag – after all, it’s pretty hard to resist edible wedding favors.
- Add lanterns to your décor. If you want to upgrade those string lights on your wedding reception tablescape, opt for a set of hanging lanterns. Toss some delicate greenery for a cozy feel.
- Go for a rustic wedding backdrop. The wood backdrop never fails. You can adorn it with your written vows or your favorite lyrics to make it more personal.
- Don’t miss the ceremony arch. The outdoor ceremony looks instantly elegant with a wooden arch draped in linen and decorated with flowers.
- Your bridal bouquet is as important. Give your bouquet a rustic look by using textured flowers in muted shades of ivory, green, and blush. It does not only look natural – like they’ve been just collected from a field – but is also very romantic and elegant.
- Upgrade those escort cards. If you want to bring those paper escort cards to another level, then try out those calligraphed stones.
- Keep your centerpiece simple and rustic. Your centerpiece should not be complicated. Different kinds of white flowers placed in mismatched bottles or mason jars would be enough to make a statement.
- Skip those tablecloths. Go for a rustic table setting by allowing a natural wooden table to shine. Gold-plated china tableware will elevate the whole setting too.
- Your wedding cake can be in true countryside form too. Dripped chocolate cake finish with floral garnishes will not only make your guest drool, but it can be the perfect country wedding cake. You can also use a wood cake stand to complement the whole country vibe.
- A vintage suitcase is a good addition. Adorn your reception with a vintage suitcase that could also serve as a drop-in station for all the wedding-related notes from your dearest loved ones.
- How about a rustic wagon? If you have wedding participants that are still too young to walk down the aisle, why don’t you put them all up on a rustic wagon and ask the help of your ring bearer to pull them in? Add a burlap on the wagon that announces your arrival – “Here comes the bride” – to make the setup wedding-friendly.
- Make sure there’s good music. Nothing sets the tone for a romantic wedding like a good set of country wedding songs. So, make sure to play your favorite tunes with the most swoon-worthy lyrics — from new chart-toppers to classic smash hits.
Indeed, the road to “I do” is not an easy feat – there’s so much to be done. However, the most important thing is that you found the love of your life! With these country wedding ideas, we’re pretty sure you’re ready to tie the knot.
Country Wedding Ideas
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Walker Hayes’ ‘Fancy Like’ Has Him A Little Baffled By Its Success
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs for July 2021
- Listen to Kitty Wells’ “Dust on the Bible”
- WATCH: Scotty McCreery’s Medley of Country Songs at the Opry
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- Toby Keith and Wife Tricia Lucus: A Love Built On The Ground