When we are in trouble, we tend to find someone to be there for us. We can ask help from the people we love, and comfort from our family. But, what if they cannot be there for us? What if they are also dealing with their problems, and cannot offer help at the moment? What are you going to do if there is no one to help you?
Some people do not believe that they need God but God is the only one we can run to and ask help. He has the power to comfort us and save us from all the things that have been bothering us.
“Take My Hand, Precious Lord” Inspiration
The gospel song “Take My Hand, Precious Lord” was written by Thomas A. Dorsey. The melody of the song was based on the hymn “Maitland.” The song written by Dorsey was based on his life when he lost his wife while giving birth, and his son. But, with God’s help, he found comfort.
“Take My Hand, Precious Lord” has been covered by different artists from different genres. Some of the artists who covered the song were Mahalia Jackson, Aretha Franklin, Jim Reeves, Elvis Presley, and many more.
Randy Travis’ Version
Randy Travis recorded the song as one of the tracks on his seventeenth studio album Glory Train: Songs of Faith, Worship, and Praise. The song was never released as a single. Therefore, it didn’t enter the Country or Christian chart.
The Music Video
A music video was released for Travis’ song. It shows Travis playing a guitar and singing the song. While he’s singing you could hear a voice telling him something or what to do. Travis excellent vocals can be heard clearly in the music video as he was singing in an acoustic style.
Glory Train: Songs of Faith, Worship, and Praise, The Album
His album Glory Train: Songs of Faith, Worship, and Praise secured a spot on the Billboard chart. It reached number twenty-eight on the country albums chart and number seven on the Christian album chart. Furthermore, the album entered the Billboard 200.
Glory Train: Songs of Faith Worship and Praise, Randy Travis, Take My Hand Precious Lord
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family