“How Great Thou Art” shows us the power of God. His unlimited capacity makes things wonderful and inspiring. God’s greatness is exercised in all that is living. There is nothing that God cannot do, and all good things came from Him.
Reba McEntire’s Version of “How Great Thou Art”
The greatness of God is praised by Reba McEntire in her rendition of “How Great Thou Art.” She included the song in her album Sing It Now: Songs of Faith & Hope. Her version was not released as a single, but three tracks from her album were (“Softly and Tenderly,” “Back to God,” and “God and My Girlfriends”).
Reba’s album performed well on the chart. Sing It Now: Songs of Faith & Hope sits at number two at the Billboard Christian chart.
Reba McEntire’s Faith
Reba has always been open about her faith in God. She shared in an interview with Christian Post that she cannot imagine a life without God.
“I can’t imagine living a life without God in my life. He is my best friend, He’s my buddy, He’s the one that I talk to when there’s no one around. I talk to Him when people are around a lot too. He’s my confidant, He’s my advisor, He’s my director. I just don’t know why you wouldn’t want that in your life. He’s just like a bodyguard, He is your protector.”
That is why this is only right for Reba to cover the Christian song because in here, she expresses her joy from all of God’s greatness. And we definitely agree with Reba, that God is everything, so why wouldn’t you want Him in your life?
The Origin of “How Great Thou Art”
“How Great Thou Art” is a Christian song penned by Carl Boberg in 1885. He was inspired to write this song of praise after he encountered a storm. He heard church bells ringing, the sound of birds singing, and he look at the beauty of the world after the storm. This gave him the inspiration to come up with a beautiful song to thank God of His greatness.
how great thou art, Reba McEntire, Sing It Now: Songs of Faith & Hope
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance