People say that love is one of the most important things that humans must have. Also, once you found the love of your life, it will be hard to forget them. The classic hit of Don Gibson “I Can’t Stop Loving You” has something important to say about love. The song has a universal meaning; it may be referring to a dead lover or a lover who has gotten away.
Go ahead and listen to the song. You might find it relatable.
Don Gibson: The Classic Balladeer
He was born on April 3, 1928, in a humble household in Shelby, North Carolina. He did not finish his studies because he dropped out at second grade and formed his first band in 1948. Furthermore, his career skyrocketed in 1957 when he released “I Can’t Stop Loving You” and “Oh Lonesome Me.”
Don Gibson is one of the most sought after singers of his generation. He has a unique charisma in terms of his vocal style that’s why he was loved by a wide variety of audience. Moreover, due to his success, he was included in the Country Music Hall of Fame. Plus, he was also inducted into the Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame and North Carolina Music Hall of Fame.
It’s just sad that at the age of 75, Don Gibson had to go. His remains were buried in Sunset Cemetery in his home town on Shelby.
The Heart Break Song
“I Can’t Stop Loving You” was released in 1958 and it dropped at number seven on the U.S. Hot Country Charts. This has been one of the most phenomenal hits due to its sad vibe and aura. Even though a lot of artists had covered this hit, the version of Don Gibson is still the best.
Go ahead and listen to it for you to believe.
Country Music Hall of Fame, Don Gibson, i can't stop loving you
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?