Luke Bryan’s I Don’t Want This Night To End was released in September 2011 as his second single from the album Tailgates & Tanlines. This was one of the Luke Bryan songs that earned him another number one on the charts. The song debuted at number 44 on the Billboard Hot Country Songs chart but peaked at number one soon after. At the same time, it also hit number one on the Country Airplay charts earning him his third number-one on both charts.
The song, which is basically guy meets girl with a magical night that they don’t want to end, was co-written by Luke Bryan with Dallas Davidson, Rhett Akins, and Ben Hayslip, who are collectively known as The Peach Pickers.
In a radio interview, Bryan said that he really loved the melody though it would be the furthest from the rest of his country music catalogue at that time. But he also mentioned that with his old country voice, it simmered the crazy track down. He confessed that it was fun to have that kind of music.
The track was very simple yet infectious and sing-along ready, which was great not only for radios but for live concerts as well.
In the 2012 American Country Awards ceremony, Luke Bryan bagged seven awards, including Artist of the Year and Single of the Year thanks to this song. Not only that, I Don’t Want This Night To End was also certified 4x Platinum by the RIAA and also earned a Platinum certification from Music Canada.
In the music video of the song, Bryan made his first real video acting role complete with a speaking part and of course, a love interest played by actress Cameron Richardson. Bryan found the idea of acting in his own video really cool. He had to pull out some old theatre skills he learned way back in high school for the part.
You can watch Luke Bryan’s I Don’t Want This Night To End in the video below.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Little Girl Superbly Delivers Willie Nelson’s “Always on My Mind”
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Patsy Cline’s Death Was the Most Tragic Day in Music History
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?