Chris Young, a former winner of Nashville Star, performed “Don’t Close Your Eyes.” He used Keith Whitley’s original guitar, the singer performed with a lot of ease even with the presence of the Grand Ole Opry audience.
Chris Young on the Grand Ole Opry Stage
It is every country singer’s dream to be inducted into the Grand Ole Opry, and Chris Young achieved that back in August 2017. He was officially inducted by country icon, Brad Paisley.
He started his performance by stating that he will use Keith Whitley’s original guitar (which he bought from an auction). He is a great fan of the late singer, so his performance was more of a tribute.
His baritone voice and that traditional country sound made the performance nostalgic. It brought back good memories from the country legend, Whitley. He was then welcomed by applause from the audience because he gave the song justice. With Keith’s guitar and Chris Young’s voice, you could already know that the performance would be amazing.
Chris Young as A Country Artist
Chris Young just released his 7th album January of this year. There is only one single from his new album that was released and it is named “Raised on Country.”
But before the singer reached mainstream country music, he was first a young kid chasing his dreams. He started joining choirs in his school. When he found out his passion for music, he began playing at local clubs.
He got his first big break by winning the Nashville Star singing competition show back in 2006. And then, he got signed at RCA Records Nashville where he released his debut album.
With the success of his first album, he followed it with several albums that hit number one. This, therefore, led to his induction at the Grand Ole Opry in 2017.
Listen to Chris Young’s version here:
Chris Young, Don't Close Your Eyes, keith whitley
- ICYMI: The CMA Fiasco Surrounding Alan Jackson’s Walk-out to Beyonce’s Performance
- Billy Ray Cyrus’ Net Worth and Other Things You May Not Know About the Country Singer
- Get to Know the Children of The Country Legend, George Jones
- Morgan Wallen Made History, Surpassing Garth Brooks, Billy Ray Cyrus, and More
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- How Alan Jackson Helped His Daughter Through the Heartbreaking Loss of Her Husband