There’s nothing nicer than getting even with your past and showing him how stronger you’ve become. Mickey Guyton’s Heartbreak Song is not your usual dreary, tragic end-of-the-love song. Guyton jokes around it with a fun, absurd retort to a break-up, breaking the normal heartbreak story composition.
The song concept was born while she was touring with Brad Paisley last 2015. This cheery song finds Guyton speaking to her former boyfriend, making him aware that she’s perfectly well following their split, and if this he’s gossiping and boasting about it, then he’s only granting her that bonus features to portray and composed on. And then they drafted this song in perhaps two hours, and it became one of Guyton’s favorite songs of all time.
For the music video, Guyton states her mere goal was to attain an image that loaded as many blows as the song itself, with a bit of boldness and finesse. Since it is such a compelling single, she wanted to convey the perfect emotion in the video – a feeling of being empowered and unaffected by a messy relationship. And proving that women are valuable.
Heartbreak Song by Mickey Guyton peaked at #45 on the US Country Airplay chart. Considering it’s not that much of a hit than any of Mickey Guyton’s songs, some critics wrote that the track lacks a “vocal power” compared to her first single, though she still “continues to show her worth as an exceptional narrator” on the song.
Watch the video of Mickey Guyton’s Heartbreak Song and dance around the room.
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- What Happened to Blake Shelton’s First Wife, Kaynette Williams
- Meet Cole Hauser, Who Plays The Fan Favorite Rip Wheeler on Yellowstone
- Jesse Keith Whitley Dedicates “Tell Lorrie I Love Her” to His Mom
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash