Gene Autry is everyone’s favorite singing cowboy. He is a trailblazer and a very accomplished artist of his time. In fact, he is the only person to ever be in the Hollywood Walk of Fame for film, television, music, radio, and live performance.
We all fell in love with his crooning style and the way he captivates his audience through his songs. Now, let us look into his classic hit “Be Honest With Me,” and see if we can learn something from the singer.
Gene Autry Wants Us to be Honest
The song is a piece of classic-country music. It is very sweet and it is as endearing as the other songs of Gene Autry. The track also seems like a reminder of a man to his lover. The woman might be leaving him, but he wants her to be loyal and honest.
There was even a conditional statement where the man said ‘if you love me.’ This part right here strikes me as the man being doubtful with their relationship. If both people are really in love with each other, why is the other one asking someone to be honest with them?
Honesty in a Relationship
If people are really in love with each other, I think that honesty should come naturally between them. It does not do any good when two lovers do not trust each other. Although it is natural that there are things that you keep as a secret from one another. However, that is still a big hindrance for a healthy relationship.
Gene Autry’s track should be seen as something that teaches a lesson for all those who are in a relationship. Learn to be a trustworthy partner and trust your loved one. Honesty should come from both parties for it to work out.
Listen to his song here:
For your daily dose of country music stories, check our official Facebook page.
be honest with me, Gene Autry, teaching lesson
- Throwback To George Jones’ “He Stopped Loving Her Today” Final Performance
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- Inside the Grammy Award Winner’s Life: Meet Kris Kristofferson’s Children
- Beautifully Blended: Meet All 7 of Kevin Costner’s Kids
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- Here Are Some of The Incredible Things You Can Do At Loretta Lynn’s Ranch
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?