From the day that we’re born, our parents gave up their life and nourished us with certain sacrifices. Thus, spending their lives for our welfare. Also, it is expected for us to give those back once our guardians reach their golden age. But of course, it’s unavoidable that we upset them sometimes, so as Gene Autry when he asked forgiveness from his father.
The Multi-Talented Artist
Orvon Grover “Gene” Autry or commercially known as simply Gene Autry rose to fame in the 1930’s. Showing his capability in acting, singing, and songwriting, he was referred to as the “singing cowboy.” Furthermore, Autry owned a television and radio station in southern California back then. With these, it was easier for him to promote his masterpiece.
Due to his talent in acting, Gene Autry appeared in 93 films. Even more, he is considered one of the most important figureheads in pioneering country music. Autry is an icon and a great influence in setting the standard for country artists. In fact, he is the only artist who garnered stars in five categories on the Hollywood walk of fame. In honor of his huge contribution to music, he became a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame, and Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame. We can say that Autry left a legacy.
The Gift of Love
“That Silver-Haired Daddy of Mine” was co-written by the singing cowboy, Gene Autry. The masterpiece went out live in 1931. The song had massive success, selling 5 million copies and it was also used in some western films.
The hit focuses on a child who wanted to repay his elderly father for all the anxiety he caused him. Gene Autry and Jimmy Long focused on the society’s real picture that’s why the public easily grasped its message. In my perspective, parents are living angels who treasure us from the day we’re born. They’re God’s gift that we need to cherish forever, and we have to do whatever it takes to repay them.
Country Music Hall of Fame, Gene Autry, That Silver-Haired Daddy of Mine
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Clint Black’s Daughter, Lily Made a Classy Opry Debut
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music