From the day that we’re born, our parents gave up their life and nourished us with certain sacrifices. Thus, spending their lives for our welfare. Also, it is expected for us to give those back once our guardians reach their golden age. But of course, it’s unavoidable that we upset them sometimes, so as Gene Autry when he asked forgiveness from his father.
The Multi-Talented Artist
Orvon Grover “Gene” Autry or commercially known as simply Gene Autry rose to fame in the 1930’s. Showing his capability in acting, singing, and songwriting, he was referred to as the “singing cowboy.” Furthermore, Autry owned a television and radio station in southern California back then. With these, it was easier for him to promote his masterpiece.
Due to his talent in acting, Gene Autry appeared in 93 films. Even more, he is considered one of the most important figureheads in pioneering country music. Autry is an icon and a great influence in setting the standard for country artists. In fact, he is the only artist who garnered stars in five categories on the Hollywood walk of fame. In honor of his huge contribution to music, he became a member of the Country Music Hall of Fame, and Nashville Songwriters Hall of Fame. We can say that Autry left a legacy.
The Gift of Love
“That Silver-Haired Daddy of Mine” was co-written by the singing cowboy, Gene Autry. The masterpiece went out live in 1931. The song had massive success, selling 5 million copies and it was also used in some western films.
The hit focuses on a child who wanted to repay his elderly father for all the anxiety he caused him. Gene Autry and Jimmy Long focused on the society’s real picture that’s why the public easily grasped its message. In my perspective, parents are living angels who treasure us from the day we’re born. They’re God’s gift that we need to cherish forever, and we have to do whatever it takes to repay them.
Country Music Hall of Fame, Gene Autry, That Silver-Haired Daddy of Mine
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Marie Osmond’s Children: Meet The Eight Of Them Here!
- Chris Stapleton Kids: Get To Know The Country Powerhouse’s Five Children
- Freddy Fender’s “Before The Next Teardrop Falls” Is Romantic Enough To Wreck You
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Trace Adkins And Travis Tritt In An Irresistible Performance of “Jailhouse Rock”
- Garth Brooks’ Daughters All Turned Up To Be These Gorgeous. Meet Them Here!