Do you have a best friend who always stays by your side no matter what happens? For sure you have a pact or a promise made for each other. If you will dedicate a song to your best friend, what would it be? Or, are you going to use the hit from Dolly Parton “I Will Always Love You?”
Dolly Parton: The Queen of Country
She was born on January 19, 1946, in Tennessee and grew up in a humble household. When Dolly Parton started her career in 1959, she had no idea that she would turn into a well-known superstar. Further, Parton was able to push twenty-five hits on the Billboard Hot Country Charts. In addition, she had a total of one hundred ten hits that entered the charts. With her successful career, she received nine Grammy Awards, ten CMAs, seven ACM, three AMAs. Plus, she is one of the seven female artists who won CMA’s Entertainer of the Year Award.
Dolly Parton is also included in the Country Music Hall of Fame. With her exceptional talent, she composed over 3,000 songs which only proves that she is good in songwriting. Parton popularized the hits “Jolene,” “Coat of Many Colors,” and “9 to 5.”
The Perfect Song for a True Friend
“I Will Always Love You” was penned and recorded by the country superstar Dolly Parton. This hit was released in 1974, and it landed on the number one spot. Moreover, the hit was a farewell single for his partner and mentor Porter Wagoner. She wanted to pursue a solo career and explore new things. This has been one of the closest hits to Parton’s heart.
Go ahead and listen to this hit and you might want to add it on your list.
Dolly Parton, I Will Always Love You, Porter Wagner
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?