She was joined by a few of her fans and fellow artists who have cheered and supported her along the way. She took it as her opportunity to reflect on her long and prosperous relationship with the Opry that began when she was a child.
“I convinced my parents, when I was in high school, that this was the place to go on vacation. From Georgia, we always went down to the beach, to, like, Daytona, and I was like, ‘We need to go to Nashville!’ I was 15, and I thought that we would get here, I would get discovered here, I would get a record deal and we would never go home. That was my plan.”
While she reminisced about her childhood, she also shared about the first time she came to the Opry.
“We came to the Opry, and [I was] just watching people up here, doing what [I] wanted to do,” she goes on to say. “It’s never normal, and I hope it never is … it’s hard to wrap your head around it sometimes.”
Trisha Yearwood’s 20th Anniversary at the Opry
A number of artists attended the show to help Yearwood celebrate. Garth Brooks was front and center in celebration of his wife’s achievement.
Ricky Skaggs was also in attendance. He was the one who surprised Yearwood with an invitation to join the Opry 20 years ago. Emmylou Harris, who Yearwood regards as her hero, was also in attendance. And of course, her contemporaries and friends in the business. Reba McEntire, Kelly Clarkson, and Brenda Lee also shared video messages for her.
“It’s been a really emotional day for me—I think maybe more emotional for me than when I was inducted 20 years ago. And I think it’s because as much as I thought I ‘got it’ then, I really get it now. It’s been such a wonderful day.”
Garth Brooks, Grand Ole Opry, trisha yearwood
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- The Untimely Deaths of Loretta Lynn’s Kids
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed