“Open the Eyes of My Heart” is a Christian song recorded by Randy Travis. It was released in November 2003 as the thirteenth single from his fifteenth album, Worship & Faith. This album is Travis’ third gospel album released under Word Records. Worship & Faith is composed of 20 different traditional gospel songs. It became certified gold by the Recording Industry Association of America.
“Open the Eyes of My Heart” was originally written by American Christian music artist Paul Baloche. The song was based on Ephesians. It was then said that the song has been recorded by other American music artists and became known. The song was also used in churches and other religious services.
The Song’s Theme
According to Paul, the writer of the song, while attending a worship service the words “Open the Eyes of My Heart” popped into his mind. He then heard a pastor pray and later looked up Ephesians 1:18 from his bible. That verse inspired him to write this song.
As the song goes,
“Open the eyes of our hearts, Lord. Open our eyes, Lord. We want to see you.”
Paul was not sure how he would continue the song until he thought about Isaiah, “Lord, to see You high and lifted up” then added it into the song. Luckily, with the help of Paul’s sound technician, the song was made.
Lord, Pour out your power and love
As we sing holy, holy, holy
Open the eyes of my heart, Lord
The song features different verses from the bible and uses simple words to give emphasis on what the song would like us to show. Before singing praises to the Lord, we first asked the Lord to give us the power and strength in order for us to serve Him better.
Christian song, Open the Eyes of My Heart, Randy Travis
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- Did You Know Ray Price’s “City Lights” Has So Much Country Music History
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend