Army veteran and country singer Matt Williams hit a milestone with his recent single “Rain Down Sunshine.“
“Rain Down Sunshine”
The song highlights the raw and deep voice of Williams, backed with an upbeat track perfect for springtime. The single just landed on the top spot on the Country Radio Charts and is also on #1 on the New Music Weekly Country Radio Charts.
Williams is currently on tour to support the single. “Rain Down Sunshine” is the first single from Williams’ sophomore album, Taking Chances.
Taking Chances has a grand total of 13 tracks, which would include the latest single “Rain Down Sunshine.” The tracks that are on the album include “Sledgehammer,” “Too Used,” and “Want to Be a Star.”
Matt Williams: The Army Veteran
Williams is a proud Army Veteran who served for more than 8 years in Iraq and Afghanistan. Ever since he came home after his service for his country, he quickly found out that he was battling Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder. Music was his only solace.
In an interview back in 2016, he expressed that he had found healing power in the music that he does and he can express himself through music.
“Music to me tells a story. My whole purpose is to tell a story and let the fans relate to it. The more truthful and honest you are about your life — no matter what it is, good or bad — the fans relate to it, they love it and in turn, they like who you are as an artist.”
Recently, he had moved to Nashville to continue to pursue his dream and passion for music. He is one of the few independent musicians, and with his talent and fervor, this star continues to rise.
Matt Williams, Rain Down Sunshine, Taking Chances
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Travis Tritt was in a Car Accident that Killed Two People
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- What Happened To Andy Griffith’s Children: Sam Griffith and Dixie Griffith
- The Angelic Voice Of Alison Krauss Encourages Us In “I’d Rather Have Jesus”