George Jones is well-beloved by country music because of his great hits like “He Stopped Loving Her Today,” “A Picture of Me,” and “Choices.” All of these classics have a great message in them and the fans are able to relate to it.
“Choices” reflects on what it is like to live with all the things that happen around us. The song has a deeper meaning than what it seems like to the general public. The track talks about George Jones’ struggle with alcoholism and drug addiction.
George Jones Makes a Choice
Everyone knows the struggles that George Jones had in his past life. This track sheds light on what he had to do to overcome it and straighten his path. When you listen to the song, you will hear the way that the singer sings the lyrics. There is a hint of regret in the tone of George Jones and he knew that he made a mistake.
Since the song is quite personal to Jones, Alan Jackson‘s performance was a bit abysmal. The singer even thought that it was the end of his career because he knew that he bombed his performance. When George Jones saw his performance, he applauded the singer with his effort. The song was really hard to sing when you do not have the right emotion and George knew that.
The Power of Choice
We all have to make our choices in our lives. This comes with growth and maturity. The singer knows the consequences of his choices and he paid for it. The important part about it is that we learn from the bad decisions we made so that next time, we will know better.
Sometimes it gets really hard to make life-changing decisions, so it is very important to think of all the possible consequences. We don’t want to have the same regret as George Jones did in his song.
Check it out here:
addiction, choices, George Jones
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?