There’s nothing like being young and alive. This is something Kenny Chesney’s “American Kids” screams out loud every time it’s being blasted on the radios. A true anthem of youth and the epitome of being young told by a true country star.
One of the most interesting facts of this song is that it was written when the country superstar was already 46-years old but Shane McAnally, who wrote the song alongside Rodney Clawson and Luke Laird, let him hear the song; he instantly knew the song was for him. To this day, the song is an ode to youth and its fun playfulness.
Remember when it was okay to be a bit messy? When everything didn’t have to be perfect? When everything was simple? The song talks about the good times. The simple times. The times we were young.
The song is a perfect concoction of a messy reality but beautiful dreams. Something his songs usually resonate with. “American Kids” by Kenny Chesney is the kind of song you just wanna play in your truck while driving down the country road with your friends.
“American Kids” has received esteemed reviews describing the song as groove-filled with a flair of nostalgia according to Matt Bjorke of Roughstock. The playful chaotic outro also adds to the nostalgia of singing with friends in the car before everyone had to drive their own.
The song hit No. 1 on the Country Digital Songs chart selling 1,266,000 copies in April 2015 in the US alone. The song had gotten a double Platinum certification from the RIAA in the United States. A true testament to what dreams are like as an American youth.
Remember your youth with Kenny Chesney’s “American Kids.”
- Jenny Gill is Hoping to Pave Her Own Musical Path – Meet Her Today
- Yoakam Joins Stapleton on Stage for “Seven Spanish Angels”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- One Good Deed: Country Music Star Left $1,000 Tip to Waitress Working Double with Daughter
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- The Noah’s Ark in Kentucky Is Drawing Millions of Visitors. Here’s Why!
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021