Marty Robbins is one of the best country singer and songwriter ever known. He’s always inspired by many things in life, and all these inspirations are turned into songs. Robbins’ “My Woman, My Woman, My Wife” is definitely a beautifully written single you would surely enjoy. The inspiration behind it is inspiring too.
Billboard Performance and Grammy Award
In 1970, a single from Robbins album My Woman, My Woman, My Wife was released. The song gave Robbins another number one on the US Billboard country chart. In addition, it was able to enter and secure the number forty-two spot on the Hot 100 chart. “My Woman, My Woman, My Wife” was his second and last win on the Grammy Awards. The single brought home the prize for Best Country Song.
Inspiration Behind Marty Robbins’ Song
It was said that this song was written for his wife, Marizona Baldwin. They were married in 1948 and had two children, Ronny Robbins, and Janet. They were together until his death in 1982.
The Message of the Song
Robbins tells the story of how his wife has always been the best to him. If it wasn’t for her, he wouldn’t have lived a wonderful life. Robbins also discussed the suffering of his wife in the song’s lyrics. Knowing how much pain life caused her, he wishes her that she’ll live a peaceful life someday.
When she reaches that river
Lord, you know what she’s worth
Give her that mansion up yonder
‘Cause she’s been through hell here on earth
Even if he has to sacrifice his share of heaven, it’s fine for him. All he wanted is for her to be happy after all her sufferings.
Lord, give her my share of Heaven
If I’ve earned any here in this life
‘Cause God, I believe she deserves it
My woman, my woman, my wife
This inspiring song by Robbins is a perfect song you can sing to your wife.
Dedicate this lovely song to your woman, and tell her how much she means to you.
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Clint Black’s Daughter, Lily Made a Classy Opry Debut
- 10 Real Facts About Lacey Chabert’s Husband, David Nehdar
- Faith Hill and Daughter Maggie Shows Off Their Moves On A Viral TikTok Video
- 5 Fun Facts About Tim McGraw and Faith Hill’s Kids You Should Know
- Intense Singing of “Cry Pretty” by 12-Year-Old Ansley Burns Wows Carrie Underwood
- The Yellowstone Soundtrack: The Complete List