Country legend Johnny Lee has announced that he will have to go through two brain surgeries this August to correct his Parkinson’s Disease. He is now reaching out to his fans for their prayers and support.
Johnny Lee’s Diagnosis and Announcement
Lee, who is now 73 years old, is best known for numerous hits back in the ’80s that included “Hey Bartender,” “Cherokee Fiddle,” and “Lookin’ for Love.”
The country crooner has recently reached out on his social media pages asking for everyone’s support regarding his treatment this coming August. He released a statement on Facebook detailing his surgery and asking everyone for prayers.
“August 7th I’m having brain surgery in Houston because of my Parkinson’s disease. It will help me walk better. August 21st will be the 2nd part of my brain surgery. I will then go back 2 weeks later and get a battery put in. I’m doing this all because I’m having problems walking. I will be fine. I’m asking for prayers. God gave me the talent and I plan on using it until the day I die. Thank you! Xoxo”
In another Facebook post, it was shared that Lee was diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease sometime around July of last year.
He got candid with his reply when he said that he will “not let it get me down,” and that he refuses to let the illness get the best of him. What’s more, he has thanked everyone for all their prayers as well as tacking the statement with a final,
“It may take me a minute extra to get going but I can handle this … I’ve got a lot of music left in me and I don’t believe God brought me this far to abandon me now.”
Want more fresh country news? You can visit us at our official Facebook page!
Brain surgery, johnny lee, Support
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- The Untimely Deaths of Loretta Lynn’s Kids
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story