Maren Morris’s much-anticipated album “Girl” rocketed to the top of the Billboard Country Charts as soon as it debuted. Her stunning 46,000 equivalent albums unit sold was the factor that propelled her for that top spot.
Grammy-winning country star Maren Morris beat out her fellow artists Luke Combs, Florida Georgia Line, and Dan + Shay. Of those figures, 25,000 were traditional sales. It is an amazing feat for a country album, one that made a mark on history.
‘Girl’ broke the record for the largest streaming week ever for a country studio album by a woman with approximately 24 million streams in its first week. It also marks the first number 1 debut by a woman on Top Country Albums of 2019. And, this is the first since Carrie Underwood’s ‘Cry Pretty’ that was released last year.
Watch Maren Morris’ ‘Girl’
The heavily anticipated second major-label studio album Morris has launched was certainly worthy of its hype. Her first album, ‘Hero,’ also landed on the top spot of the charts during its release.
Morris was ecstatic when the announcement was released.
She also went to Billboard to express her gratitude towards her fans and the support that she’s had.
“I am blown away by the support this last week. My fans were already screaming the lyrics at the show the day after the album came out. I am so shocked and thankful to have broken this record for country music.”
She is currently on the North American leg of her “GIRL World Tour,” and she is already grateful for the warm reception that her fans have given her.
“My fans were already screaming the lyrics at the show the day after the album came out. I am so shocked and thankful to have broken this record for country music!”
Morris is nominated for female vocalist of the year at the 54th annual Academy of Country Music Awards on the 7th of April in Las Vegas. She is also set to perform on that day.
Album 2019, Billboard, Girl, Maren Morris
- Remember When Toby Keith and Daughter Performed Duet of “Mockingbird”?
- Upchurch Releases “Mud To Gold” Tracklist, Teases Fans with Self-Leaked Song
- Keith Whitley’s Legacy Lives On Through Wife & Son “Don’t Close Your Eyes” Duet
- In Honor of Patrick Swayze: One of Hollywood’s Most Savvy and Versatile Actors
- Wynonna Judd’s Faith-Filled Rendition of “I Can Only Imagine”
- Watch Troops Sing ‘Take Me Home, Country Roads’ on Flight Home From 11-Month Deployment
- The 35 Saddest Country Songs When You Need a Good Cry