Maren Morris’s much-anticipated album “Girl” rocketed to the top of the Billboard Country Charts as soon as it debuted. Her stunning 46,000 equivalent albums unit sold was the factor that propelled her for that top spot.
Grammy-winning country star Maren Morris beat out her fellow artists Luke Combs, Florida Georgia Line, and Dan + Shay. Of those figures, 25,000 were traditional sales. It is an amazing feat for a country album, one that made a mark on history.
‘Girl’ broke the record for the largest streaming week ever for a country studio album by a woman with approximately 24 million streams in its first week. It also marks the first number 1 debut by a woman on Top Country Albums of 2019. And, this is the first since Carrie Underwood’s ‘Cry Pretty’ that was released last year.
Watch Maren Morris’ ‘Girl’
The heavily anticipated second major-label studio album Morris has launched was certainly worthy of its hype. Her first album, ‘Hero,’ also landed on the top spot of the charts during its release.
Morris was ecstatic when the announcement was released.
She also went to Billboard to express her gratitude towards her fans and the support that she’s had.
“I am blown away by the support this last week. My fans were already screaming the lyrics at the show the day after the album came out. I am so shocked and thankful to have broken this record for country music.”
She is currently on the North American leg of her “GIRL World Tour,” and she is already grateful for the warm reception that her fans have given her.
“My fans were already screaming the lyrics at the show the day after the album came out. I am so shocked and thankful to have broken this record for country music!”
Morris is nominated for female vocalist of the year at the 54th annual Academy of Country Music Awards on the 7th of April in Las Vegas. She is also set to perform on that day.
Billboard, Girl, Maren Morris
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Willie Nelson and His Son Put A Country Twist to Pearl Jam’s “Just Breathe”
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Dolly Parton’s Parents, Their Influences and Humble Beginnings
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Remember When Marty Robbins Starred in Clint Eastwood’s Iconic Film