Blending a dance producer and a country singer for a pop radio hit was unimaginable years ago. But Maren Morris’ “The Middle” proved that regardless of the genres of the artists, all it needs is an on-target beat and a powerhouse singer to help a track skyrocket.
In the song, the singer is tired of frequently arguing with his partner. So she’s practically wishing that she and her other half can attain a middle ground and put a stop to their endless fight. The song’s absurdly catchy chorus, “Why don’t you just meet me in the middle,” is nearly on par with what pop bangers achieve.
According to reports, the track has been recorded by at least 12 top female artists, ranging from super popular ones to quite unfamiliar ones, before landing on Maren Morris. Among those who attempt the vocal: Demi Lovato, Camila Cabello, Lauren Jauregui, Carly Rae Jepsen, and Elle King. Then Morris was referred to Zedd, weeks before it was required to be available for the Grammy video premiere. Morris’ soulful voice works for both genres, according to Aarons, one of the composers.
The song entered the top ten of many countries’ music charts, including the UK, Canada, and Singapore. Among Maren Morris’ songs, this song has a record-breaking 33 weeks being at the #1 spot on the Billboard’s Hot Dance/Electronic Songs chart. The Middle by Maren Morris was nominated for several music awards, like American Music Awards2018, and 61st Annual Grammy Awards.
Watch Maren Morris’ “The Middle” video below and feel the hype.
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- Get To Know The Man in Black’s Multi-Talented Son, John Carter Cash
- Remember When Dolly Parton Collaborated with Pentatonix for Some Treat?
- Jason Colacino and Katie Boyle In Their Remarkable Performance
- Our Adorable Genie, Barbara Eden, Stunned Everyone at Hollywood Event
- Garth Brooks’ “The Dance” Becomes The Country Star’s Signature Song