Up and coming country singer Justin Carter died in an accidental shooting. Carter was killed by a gun that was being used as a prop in a music video that he was shooting. He was 35 years old.
His death was confirmed on his social media platforms.
The Texan native just previously signed with Triple Threat Management just days before his death. Triple Threat’s Mark Atherton told Houston’s ABC 11 that Carter “had a potential to be the next Garth Brooks.” He further described his new client as
“kind of like the class clown, but when it was time to get down to business, he got down to it.”
Justin Carter’s Death
Atherton said that a gun was going to be used for the music video shoot was the same one that ultimately killed Carter at his apartment.
Carter’s mother, Cindy McClellan, said that a gun was in the singer’s pocket. And that it “went off and caught my son in the corner of his eye.” Carter was an Army veteran.
Listen to one of his songs here:
His family has set up a GoFundMe to help pay for his funeral expenses and to help the members of his family he has left behind.
death, Justin Carter, Justin Carter Music
- “Tennessee Whiskey” Dad Kris Jones Makes Daughter Proud, Fluid Cover Goes Viral
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Randy Travis Divorce With Ex-Wife Elizabeth Hatcher Travis Tops Nastiest Divorce in Industry
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Here Are Gay Country Singers You Need To Be Listening To
- Tennessee Whiskey Dad, Kris Jones’ Bumpy Road Before Fame
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free