Last week, the news broke out that one of Josh Tuner’s crew, unfortunately, died due to a car crash. The accident left one dead and 7 others who were badly injured due to the incident. David Turner (not related to the country singer) was his sound engineer since 2006 and he has worked closely with the singer.
Josh Turner Gives His Statement
This must have been a hard week for Josh Turner knowing that one of his crew members suddenly passed away. He knew David for more than 10 years, so this is not an easy thing for him to swallow. Nearly one week after the horrible accident, the singer has finally shared his condolence to the family of his crew members and also prays for those who were injured.
“As I try to write this I don’t know what to say. It’s a struggle to put into words the devastation and grief that our road family is trying to process. We lost a beloved member of our team, David Turner. He was like a brother to so many in this industry and a devoted husband, father, and grandfather. Please continue to keep David’s family in your prayers. All of our crew suffered significant injuries and many have long roads to recovery. I would ask that you give them privacy during this time.”
Josh Turner has also started a GoFundMe page since most of his fans were asking how they could support the family of the victims. If you have a heart of gold just like Josh, go here and make sure to donate whatever amount you can. As of now, the page has accumulated a total amount of $1060 and this is already a big help to the victims.
The singer has postponed all of his September shows to pay respect to his long-time sound engineer, David Turner. Future announcement will be expected for the re-scheduled dates of his tour.
Know more about what happened to Josh Turner’s crew members here:
David Turner, Josh Turner
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids