Multi-award winning singer-songwriter John Prine teams up with Morgane Stapleton, Chris Stapleton’s wife. She is also an amazing singer-songwriter who will recreate “Look at Us,” a Vince Gill classic. They put a little twist into the song, all for Prine’s 2016 collection album For Better or For Worse.
“Look at Us”
Prine, and Stapleton, a talented singer, and songwriter in her own right breathes new life in “Look at Us,” a Vince Gill classic love song. Much like the fun vibe of the song, Prine and Stapleton kept the song light and happy.
Stapleton’s sweet and crisp tone harmonizes perfectly well with the acquired rasp that Prine’s voice projects. They masterfully project the idea and imagery of the song – a happy and in love couple who have been through tough times, and yet still perfectly in love with each other. The sped up the arrangement of the song as compared to the original. It makes the song feel and sound so much more fun and sentimental.
The music video shows how much they had fun recording the song too! Stapleton looks so sweet and charming, having no trouble keeping up with the veteran singer-songwriter. All in all, the record was an absolute delight.
John Prine’s For Better or For Worse
Another standout album from Prine is his 2016 compilation album called For Better or For Worse. In it, he teams up with an all-star cast of country female powerhouses to cover vintage country tunes, duet style!
The vintage tracks would range from Hank Williams’ classic song “Cold, Cold, Heart,” Billy Hughes’ “I’m Tellin’ You,” and Jessi Colter’s “Storms Never Last,” among others.
Stapleton’s collaboration with Prine is a Max T. Barnes + Vince Gill staple (no pun intended!).
Watch the absolutely adorable video here!
John Prine, Look at Us, Morgane Stapleton, Vince Gill
- Remembering the Creepy Death of Johnny Horton 59 Years Ago
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Surviving Racism, Infidelity: Meet Vivian Liberto Cash
- Paula Nelson Joins her Father for an Amazing Rendition of “Have You Ever Seen the Rain”
- Meet Faith Hill’s Daughters: All Grown Up and Glowed Up
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend