What do you love to do on a sunny day? Do you love to go to the beach or to the park? Anyway, isn’t it nice to wake up in the morning seeing the clear, bright sky? Of course, no one wants to experience a windy, cloudy, or rainy weather. Just like what John Denver said in one of his hits, ‘“Sunshine on my Shoulders” makes me happy.’
John Denver: The Great Country Singer
He is considered one of the greatest singers of his generation. He started his career in 1953. John Denver was a singer-songwriter, record producer, actor, activist, and a humanitarian. Further, his career was very successful as a solo artist. Most of his hits were folk music which remained as his trademark. In addition, he released three hundred songs and composed around two hundred masterpieces. Denver was able to sell more than 33 million records worldwide. Furthermore, his notable hits include “Annie’s Song,” “Rocky Mountain High,” and “Take Me Home Country Roads.”
During the ‘70s and the ‘80s, John Denver appeared in several movies and television specials. But he continued to record hit songs until the ‘90s. With his enormous contribution to the music industry, Denver received a lot of awards and he was also included in the Songwriters Hall of Fame.
The Hit that will Make You Smile
“Sunshine on my Shoulders” was released in 1973. The song was co-written by the American Singer-songwriter John Denver. It gained popularity in early 1974 when it became number one on the Billboard Hot 100. In addition, this was also covered by the Canadian singer-songwriter Carly Rae Jepsen on her debut album Tug of War. The hit talks about how weather affects the mood of a person.
If you don’t believe me, then better listen to the song below. For sure, you will enjoy it.
John Denver, Sunshine on my Shoulder, Take Me Home Country Roads
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Shania Twain and Husband Frédéric Thiébaud: The Story of Healing and Love
- A Look Back at Anne Murray, Her Agonizing Struggle with Drugs and Divorce
- Meet the four-time divorcee, Sam Elliott’s Wife, Katharine Ross
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Meet Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell’s Kids Inside Their Blended Family