Dan + Shay won the Single of the Year and Song of the Year award for their song “Tequila.” The song went toe to toe with other country music hits like “Meant to Be” by Bebe Rexha, and “Heaven” by Kane Brown. However, the big win still went to the Duo. It seems that these two had a mission to win the major awards in the ACM.
Earlier in the show, Dan + Shay also won the Duo of the Year award. And, there are still two categories where they are nominated for. It is for Video of the Year and Album of the Year.
The Dan + Shay Inspiration
The song is a massive hit not only for country fans but also for everybody who loves music. The song talks about the lingering memories of someone you love every time you indulge yourself with alcohol. This is what people relate to nowadays, a song about moving on.
But with the recent songs that pop artists do, songwriters Jordan Reynolds and Nicolle Galyon decided to go a different route. They didn’t want to be negative about the idea of a broken heart. They, instead, want to relive the joyous moments shared by two people. They wanted to stay true to Dan + Shay’s style of nostalgic music.
Winning Awards and Topping the Charts
The song stayed at No.2 in Billboard’s Hot Country Songs for 19 weeks. After that, it dethroned the No. 1 song which is their own! Talk about owning two of the top songs for how many weeks.
This Duo sure knows how to captivate their fans with the music they make. Not only are they making their songs a commercial hit, but they also won their first Grammy. They won the category of Best Duo/ Group Performance among other amazing groups out there.
With their first Grammy Award and their recent ACM Awards, Dan + Shay put their own mark in the country music scene. We could only hope for more music from these two.
Listen to the song here:
2019 acm awards, ACM Awards, Dan + Shay, Tequila
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Kelly Lynn, Chris Janson’s Wife, Manager and Driving Force
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012