“How Great Thou Art” has been one of the most recorded gospel hymns of all time. The song was written in 1885 by Carl Boberg. One day, he was walking home when he saw that a storm is approaching from far away. After the storm, he saw the beauty that appeared. As he opened his window, he heard the birds singing and the church bells ringing. This wonderful sight that he witnessed inspired him to write such a great song.
“How Great Thou Art” English Translation
This hymn has been translated into different languages numerous times. It has been sung in German, Russian, Spanish, English, and more. The English version of the song was translated into two versions, E. Gustav Johnson and Stuart K. Hine. However, the most popular translation of the song was by Stuart K. Hine. In his translation, he added two new verses on the song.
And when I think that God, His Son not sparing,
Sent Him to die, I scarce can take it in;
That on the Cross, my burden gladly bearing,
He bled and died to take away my sin.
Joey + Rory’s Recording
In 2016, the duo Joey + Rory recorded the song “How Great Thou Art” on their last album. The couple chose this song because this is one of the hymns the said they grew up listening to when they were still kids. Other songs in their album were, “Take My Hand, Precious Lord,” “Softly and Tenderly,” and “The Old Rugged Cross.”
Joey Feek’s voice sounds like an angel fallen from heaven. How wonderful this version of “How Great Thou Art” is.
how great thou art, Hymns That Are Important to Us, Joey & Rory
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Meet Willie Nelson’s Children Including His Daughter He Only Found Out In 2012
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash
- Sandy Mahl And The Top 10 Facts You Didn’t Know About Her
- What Happened To John Wayne’s Children?
- Five Husbands Later, Lorrie Morgan Finally Found The Love Of Her Life
- What Happened To George Strait’s Daughter Jennifer Strait