These two country icons just dropped a collaboration and no one saw it coming. Garth Brooks teamed up with country star Blake Shelton for a track that he wrote. They finally debuted the song at Brooks’ Idaho tour at Albertsons Stadium, Boise State University.
The collaboration was not as unexpected as it seemed to be. Both of the artists have already worked together in the past. Garth Brooks was asked to be the co-mentor of Blake Shelton in the popular singing competition show, The Voice.
Garth Brooks Enlists the Help of a Friend
There is a back story as to why he asked Blake Shelton out of all the many country artists. The song was not supposed to be a duet at the beginning of writing. It all changed when Garth saw the performance of Blake’s No. 1 track “God’s Country.” The singer shared:
“I thought, ‘I’m feeling something here that’s drawing me right into this television.’ So I just reached out for him. He was so sweet on the phone. The last thing I said was, ‘Hey, man, I don’t want to put you on the spot, but we got a song that might be a pretty cool duet.”
Shelton was pretty much a Garth Brooks fan, so he agreed immediately.
Dive Bar at the Idaho Stadium
Their debut song was not done in an elaborate way. It seemed that nowadays, people would hype up the release of the song but not for Brooks and Shelton. In an Instagram post, the two singers were caught performing the song while the fans were having a good time. The sudden appearance of Blake in Garth’s tour was an added bonus to the fans.
Although the song was released mid-June, this was the first live duet that was seen by the country fans. Brooks then announced that he will be playing seven “Dive Bar” shows this summer to celebrate the new single.
Watch their performance here:
Blake Shelton, dive bar, Garth Brooks
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?