Dolly Parton starred in the 1980 movie “9 to 5” together with Lily Tomlin and Jane Fonda. This feminist movie was one of the first that really brought up the equality issues in America and the fact that it is still relevant to this day means a lot. In her interview, the country legend revealed that there was a plan about the sequel in the movie and here is her answer.
Dolly Parton on The View
Country legend, Dolly Parton, opened up about the possibility of a sequel to the 1980 comedy film. The host asked if there is a possibility of a sequel for “9 to 5” since there was a rise of the feminist right movement, especially on the Hollywood scene. Unfortunately, Dolly revealed that the plan was scrapped because of the issue of how to make it during these times. There was not a clear reason as to why they can’t make it but this is maybe for the best.
The classic film “9 to 5” proved to be ahead of its time and it probably did not deserve a sequel. One host even said that there is no need to follow-up a movie that is already great. Sometimes, sequel movies can destroy the legacy that it established that is why making a follow-up movie is not always the best idea.
On the show, they also talked about one of Dolly’s co-star Jane Fonda. Right now, the actress is on active protest for the protection of the environment.
More on Dolly Parton
During her interview, some of the hosts were showing their love and respect to the country singer and was professing it to her. In fact, one of the show hosts even said she has a picture of the country singer on her nightstand. Overall, Dolly was very pleasant during her interview and she was just all fun and enjoy.
Watch Dolly Parton here:
9 to 5, Dolly Parton, the view
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?
- Kenny Rogers’ Children: Meet the Late Country Legend’s 5 Kids
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?