Coming in as Thomas Wesley Pentz, DJ and music producer Diplo plans on dipping his fingers into country music and will release an album slated with an all-star cast.
The album is called ‘Thomas Wesley.’ And, according to what he told Variety, he’s already talking with heavy country power hitters like Thomas Rhett, Zac Brown, and Sam Hunt. The DJ also made friends with country star Sturgil Simpson, and he hopes to create country music with the same energy that he has.
However, Diplo admitted that it wasn’t easy to penetrate the close-knit country music scene.
“It’s actually a hard thing to get some of these guys to take a chance, because country’s such an insular community, but I’m trying to do something a little bit different with the songwriting just trying to experiment, y’know?”
But, we gotta credit a guy’s tenacity, right? We already got the first taste of his album on the 24th of April when he released his collaboration with Cam called ‘So Long.’
Diplo Collaborates with Cam
Country music is collaborating left and right! Now, Diplo starts off his all-star country collaborations with country darling Cam.
Now, he’s released his first country song called “So Long.” It incorporates Diplo’s signature computer wobbles into a traditional country song. The chill format of the song provides just enough wiggle room for the DJ to play with, while still maintaining the country twang vibe.
“So Long” is a patient, drawn-out love story born from unrequited feelings that Cam seamlessly navigates through. And, she does that while she takes us on the journey too. Check out some of Cam’s chorus below.
I know you’re fine doing life on your own
But that doesn’t mean you should spend it alone
Cause boy you’ve been flying solo for so long
But I think it’s time to give your heart, Your heart what it wants
The song also provides more depth than a regular pop song with a catchy hook. The lyrics are satisfying, and it provides the backbone for any country song: a story that touches your heart.
Listen to the track below!
cam, Collaboration, Diplo
- ‘Grease’ is Under Fire, Critics Want It Taken Down From Screens. Here’s Why!
- Inside the Grammy Award Winner’s Life: Meet Kris Kristofferson’s Children
- Throwback To George Jones’ “He Stopped Loving Her Today” Final Performance
- Beautifully Blended: Meet All 7 of Kevin Costner’s Kids
- Ryan Upchurch Responds to Luke Combs’ Apology and Calls Him ‘F—ing Sissy’
- Here Are Some of The Incredible Things You Can Do At Loretta Lynn’s Ranch
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?