When Chris Janson’s “Bye Mom” was released, it resonated with fans around the world in ways that had never happened before. Audiences have heard pieces of their own lives as the country star celebrates one of life’s greatest gifts – a mother’s love!
“I’ve never had a song do this before,” Janson said, adding that he’s “just really thankful to be the vessel that gets to carry that song.”
Story Behind The Song
Chris Janson wrote “Bye Mom” alongside his dear friend and fellow songwriter Brandon Kinney, who was processing the loss of his own mother at the time. As Janson watched Kinney going through one of life’s most challenging moments, he felt the pain. So, the two sat down to write the tribute song.
“Bye Mom” follows the story of a mother and child over different stages of life, most especially the moment when the mother dies, leaving the child mourning by her gravestone, reflecting on the inevitable and cruel pain.
The already heartbreaking ballad now has a similarly stirring music video, which stars none other than Kinney, his wife, and their children. The song and music video’s powerful message deeply touched Janson, and he hopes to inspire others the same way too. He noted that there’s absolutely more to this emotional tribute, it’s also a reminder of how we should value unconditional love.
However, it’s still now known what album “Bye Mom” will come from, but there will surely be a follow-up to his 2019 studio set, Real Friends. At the moment, the country star is out on the road to headline his Back At It Tour, which is set to run through December 9, wrapping things up in Detroit.
Make sure to listen to Chris Janson’s “Bye Mom” by playing the video below.
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Here Are The Top 40 Country Songs For September 2021
- Top 100 Country Songs Chart 2021
- The Reba McEntire and Narvel Blackstock Split: Tragic Ending After 26 Years of Marriage
- Walker Hayes and wife Laney Beville Hayes: A Love That Stayed
- Brandi Carlile and wife Catherine Shepherd’s Sweet Love Story