The Smiths are sharing how they are emotionally coping with the tragedy that they faced recently. This time, Granger Smith’s wife, Amber, shares that she clings to God amidst the trials that she and her family are facing.
Amber Smith Gets Comfort From The Heavenly Father
On Tuesday, the 9th of July, she posted a photo of her giving all smiles alongside her son River, who turned 3 a few weeks before his death.
“There is no right or wrong way to grieve, but the way Granger and I see it, we can run away from God at this time or we can run to Him. He’s been with us every step of the way, from the first responders and neighbors the night of the accident, to the doctors and nurse’s hands, to the friends and family by our side, to everything that fell into place so seamlessly for River’s service. He’s been there. So why would we turn on Him now?”
The Smith Family Tragedy
The country singer and his wife came out with the tragic news about the passing of their youngest son River on the 6th of June. They have confirmed that the cause of death is a “tragic drowning accident” that happened at home.
Smith and his wife, Amber, would later come out and share a few more details of the event in a YouTube video, admitting that everything happened in a blink of an eye and it changed their lives forever.
Since the accident, the country star implored his fans to donate to the Dell Children’s Medical Center in River’s name, saying that the doctors and the staff who attended to the child have all been incredible. Smith’s team have also created a shirt in memory of River.
Smith has also dedicated a tattoo to his youngest. It is a simple script that simply reads “River” along the bottom of his right arm.
God, Granger Smith, River
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Let’s Go Down the River to Pray with Alison Krauss
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Let’s Take a Look Back to Kenny Chesney’s Intriguing Dating Life
- Where are the Mandrell Sisters Now after Four Decades?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Remember When Brad Paisley’s “Accidental Racist” Raised Some Eyebrows?