In 2014, she started exploring some other direction entirely, but “The Eye” by Brandi Carlile brought emotional discernment and brilliant clarity as she continued the country-folk flirtation.
The front-porch acoustic serves as the preview track of Carlile’s album The Firewatcher’s Daughter – which was nominated for a Grammy Award for Best Americana Album – and it was meant to become a key feature in her catalog.
Brandi Carlile co-wrote it along with her longtime bandmates and songwriting partners: twin brothers Tim Hanseroth and Phil Hanseroth, who have been with her from the start of her career.
During one interview, the country singer has given a glimpse of how “The Eye” – which used to be two separate songs – came to life. While Tim has been playing these two songs, Carlile could really tell that these would take shape into something special. So, she and Phill suggested that he combine them – and he just did that, while Carlile added the last verse.
But it was absolutely their familial bond that made this powerful ballad stand out among Brandi Carlile songs.
In fact, it is the song that most represents their band because, unlike the tracks they earlier released, the trio all shared the lead vocal in “The Eye” – showcasing how Carlile, Tim, and Phil Hanseroth are all equal members of their band. After all, Carlile believes that there is no true frontman to the band even though it only bears her name.
“When they took shape, we just decided to go for it and make this our one song where we sing evenly all the way through,” Carlile said. The song’s tight three-part harmony flawlessly flaunts how essential each voice is to their music.
Indeed, Carlile and the twins were able to create something beautiful between the three of them. You can listen to Brandi Carlile’s “The Eye” in the video below.
- Sons of Willie Nelson Joined Him For An Incredible Rendition of “Move it on Over”
- Rip Wheeler and Beth Dutton Complete Relationship Timeline
- Meet Dolly Parton Siblings Inside Their Big Family Filled With Passion For Music
- The ‘Duck Dynasty’ stars: Where is the Robertson Family now?
- Tim McGraw & Faith Hill’s Daughter Audrey Shows Off Snippet From Recent Photoshoot
- Trigger, Willie Nelson’s Guitar Is Just As Legendary As He Is
- Get To Know Kelly Reilly, The Actress Behind Yellowstone’s Fearless Beth Dutton