What or who is your weakness? When faced with something that triggers our weakness, we are not able to do anything. Everyone has their own weaknesses. Some may mention things like their weakness could be a phobia while some others may include someone they love in their list of weaknesses. This is the theme in Wynonna Judd’s song “My Strongest Weakness.”
Wynonna Went Solo
When her mother, Naomi Judd, acquired Hepatitis, she was forced to live their duo. Hence, Wynonna continued on by performing solo. Her solo career was well indeed a success for her.
“My Strongest Weakness”
In 1992, Naomi Judd and Mike Reid wrote the single “My Strongest Weakness.” It was then recorded by Wynonna, who was previously part of the duo known as The Judds. The song was part of her first solo album known as Wynonna. Furthermore, “My Strongest Weakness” reached number four on the Billboard Country Airplay chart.
The Song’s Content
The song is about a woman who was left by the man she loved. She considers him to be her weakness as she has loved him with all her heart. She gave him everything, and thus, leaving her was tragic. Therefore, she wasn’t sure if she’ll ever learn to love again. When we experience heartbreak, sometimes we don’t know if we are able to love again. We are afraid that we might experience the same thing. That is why we end up finding it difficult to trust someone. However, time will heal all wounds, and you’ll learn to fall in love again. Surely, the narrator of the song will do, too.
Wynonna’s First Solo Album
Wynonna’s first solo album was a chart-topper. It placed at number one on the Billboard Top Country Albums chart. In addition, it secured the fourth spot on the Billboard 200. Aside from her album on top of the chart, it was also 5x Platinum-certified by RIAA in the US.
Here’s one of Wynonna’s successful single as a solo artist:
My Strongest Weakness, Wynnona Judd, Wynonna
- You Should Hear This 93-Year-Old Woman Singing “One Day at a Time”
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- 10 Facts About Austin Brown of Home Free
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Flashback To Dolly Parton’s Moving Duet With Young Actress Alyvia Lind, Her Mini-Me
- “Tennessee Whiskey” Dad Kris Jones Makes Daughter Proud, Fluid Cover Goes Viral
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend