When we allow ourselves to be controlled by our pride or ego, there are things we cannot accomplish. There will be people in our lives we will lose because we don’t want to step down and make the first move. Pride can be defined in a positive way and also a negative way.
“Foolish Pride,” The Song
One song in country music that opens our eye to the effects of pride is Travis Tritt’s single “Foolish Pride.” The song tells the story of two people in love, but are not willing to cave in to their emotions. Instead, they let their relationship be ruined, even if they still have feelings for one another. They let their pride take over what is right for them, and what could actually bring them happiness.
When you love someone would you let them slip away from you? Or would you let go of your pride and tell them how you truly feel for them?
Turn out the lights, the competition’s over
The stubborn souls are the losers here tonight
And while the bridges burn
Another hard hard lesson’s learned
As in the ashes, passion slowly dies
And this romance goes down to foolish pride
Chart Performance of Travis Tritt’s Single
In 1994, Tritt wrote “Foolish Pride” for his fourth studio album Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof. On the same year, he released the song as a single, and it went straight up to number one on the US and Canadian Country chart. Furthermore, it scored a spot on the Canadian Adult Contemporary chart.
Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof reached number three on both the US and Canadian Country Albums chart in 1994. Tritt included “Between an Old Memory and Me,” a song recorded by country singer Keith Whitley, in his album. Aside from “Foolish Pride,” Tritt released three more songs from his album that have entered the Billboard country chart.
Foolish Pride, Ten Feet Tall and Bulletproof, Travis Tritt
- Who Is Laine Hardy Dating? The American Idol Winner Is Super Tight-Lipped about His Love Life
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Kurt Russell Stuns Audience at the Opry with an Elvis’ Hit
- Waylon Jennings Shows Off Amazing Guitar Skills at The Johnny Cash Show
- Get Mushy With These 15 Country Songs For Your Boyfriend
- Daughter Of Singer Hank Williams Jr. Dies At Age 27 In A Car Crash