In 2011, American country star Joe Nichols released his first ever Greatest Hits album which features some of his best songs. It includes the famous song Brokenheartsville, among his other great hits. This song features Nichols’ iconic cool voice singing about a strong and clear story about a man who saw his woman drive away with another man accompanied by catchy guitar riffs and that uniquely country twang. The song itself had the signature Nichols sound, but with a more upbeat tone like the songs Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off and Joe’s Place.
Most people have experienced a love found and a love lost, and in this case with Nichol’s song, it accurately portrays what it feels like to see your woman leave with someone else. Accompanied by its music video, it sends a straightforward narrative. Have you seen the video? Come check it out here!
In its initial release back in 2002, it was the second track in Nichol’s second studio album Man with a Memory. While The Impossible was nominated for a Grammy Award for the Best Male Country Performance back in 2003, Brokenheartsville became his first of 40 number one hits on the US Billboard Hot Country Singles and Tracks, and number 27 in the US Billboard. In an interview promoting the album, he would continue to say that this song is a favorite of his that he did not write.
There’s no question that these factors are what made the song so famous and has become a popular song associated to heartbreak and the expression of the feeling. Joe Nichols have successfully portrayed those emotions, and captured the hearts of the American people throughout the years.
How about you? What are your thoughts on the song? Tell us about it! For more content, you can follow our page at CountryThangDaily
Brokenheartsville, Greatest Hits, Joe Nichols
- Crystal Gayle Sings About Love And Heartbreak in “Til I Gain Control Again”
- Where is Jason Aldean’s First Wife, Jessica Ussery Now?
- What Happened to Randy Travis After Massive Stroke and Dire Financial Situation?
- Narvel Blackstock’s New Girlfriend Is His Ex-Wife’s Close Friend
- Get to Know Hannah Dasher, An Uprising Country Rock Star
- The Dance That Stunned Country Music Obsessives, But Who Are They?
- Who Are Johnny Cash’s Children and Where Are They Now?